Polyurethane on lower control arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyurethane on lower control arm

Is a good idea to replace the lower control arm bushings with polyuretane aplying, like many people do with their motor mounts?

Thanks.

Greatly helps with handling and road feel due to higher durometer bushings. If you are still running the factory 20 year old rubber even replacement rubber bushings can greatly enhance handling and road feel though.
    1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Ok thanks...

Anyone who did this already?

Comment

Do you mean to make bushings by squeezing in liquid polyurethane like some people do to their motor mounts? That is a REALLY bad idea. I've heard lots of stories of the DIY "inserts" cracking and falling out not long after it was done. you don't want anything like that on a crucial suspension component.

Hard Race makes a spherical bearing that replaces that bushing, and I think Prothane or Energy make a legitimate polyurethane replacement. go that route or leave it alone.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
        X