Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Lights

My right rear tail lights top and bottom do not work. I tried replacing the bulbs and no luck. Also the back window light isn't working either. Right now I am having a horrible trunk leak that I am trying to get a finger on. I am not sure if that has anything to do with lights not working. I am not sure if anyone has had this happen before. Also the rear brake light in the dash is on as well.

Tail light seals and your trunk seals are usually the cuplrit for water in the trunk, pull up the trunk seal and look for signs of rust and you'll likely find a small hole.
    My work in progress!

Comment

Check you fuses.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I had this same problem, my contacts were worn on the socket. Brass brush them and try again.

Comment

Ok i swapped the tail lights and the trunk lid light came on. The lower brake light is very corroded and I tried to clean all the contact and still no luck. I am looking for a new socket to replace it wit. That should do the trick. Thanks for yall's help.

Comment

I figured out the problem. In the right brake light there is a circuit board and one of the coils was busted. I got a new one and they are all good now. I guess electrical components can swim under water too long!

Comment

I'm having almost the same problem and don't wanna make another tailights thread.

When I push the brake pedal, just the right trunk light turns on. The other 3 doesn't work. But when I turn the headlights on, the 4 bulbs works, but stays like low beam when I pump the brake, just the right (passenger) one on the trunk works good when braking. What's happening there?
              Last edited by El Prieto Fino; 11-24-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Possible corrotion in the wires or short to ground

Comment

check that little box on you far right pax tail light. might be shot
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                    check that little box on you far right pax tail light. might be shot
                    You mean on the passenger side on the trunk behind the panel, right? A photo or diagram may be so useful.

Comment

Located on both outer tail lights. This is the infamous "brown box" its not always brown though.
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Thanks... I heard about it. I'll check that out tomorrow. Thank you.

Comment

also check the sockets for corrosion too.Mine did that too and my outer left tail light socket had massive amounts of corrosion.after i cleaned it, they all started working again.

Comment

I had these issues as well, took me a few days to figure it out... wish i would have found this first. could have saved me some time. lol

Comment

I broke down and spent the $8 on contact cleaner and a wire brush. It was a big help and made a world of difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X