Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 Accord LX - Blue - My first CB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Accord LX - Blue - My first CB!

Hows it going everyone. Here is my first CB. I purchase this car originally just to have an extra car and I needed something under 2 grand.

Craigslisting for cars I found the 90-93 Accord to be the most common car for under $2000. I found a great deal and have all paperwork back to the original purchase. Its been garaged and well taken care of. Normal wear for 22 years old.

I'm about to install Koni Yellows, Neuspeed Sports, ROH front break conversion, new ball joints and Control Arms and replacing some of the bushings. I also picked up some 93 prelude wheels and I'm about to strip and polish them. I will post pics when i get started.

Future Plans: Replace Tranny with Syncrotech w/ LSD. Build up the F22a1 and install a turbo kit.

I came across aleks77 91 LX and that inspired me to build up this car when I originally was going to keep it stock. I hope one day to have my car be similar but not the same to aleks77.

Its funny how we need to post to get access to post in other sections cause there is so much info already on here, i never need to ask any questions it seems, just search for it. But I noticed somethings are hard to search for.

Like I want to know how and where I can get OEM USDM fog lights for my 90 LX. I would like New OEM ones but good used ones with harness would ok also.

Also can someone let me know if there is a For Sale section on the Forum? It looks like I don't have access yet because of my beginner status i guess.

Thanks for all the great info everyone and look forward to contributing as I can.

Thanks
    Josh

Last edited by wisdom62; 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM. Reason: adding pictures

looks good clean start plus no rust

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Nice OEM floor mats! As far as the for sell section I believe it is post and password dependant. Read the stickies!

Welcome to the forum.

USDM fogs are really hard to obtain.

Bonus points for zombie on the dash!

Comment

Wow, It's so clean. You've got a good unit....

Comment

It was a lucky find, I needed a car, looked on Craigslist for Honda's under $2000.

It was a couple down the list and had two pics. It looked clean so I called and looked at it later that day. Kept in the garage for the most part, two previous owners and all records back to the original purchase.

I'm really looking forward to restoring this car and getting some power under the hood.

I'm stripping and polishing my SI wheels, its a pain but its going to look good.

Thanks again for the comments. She is a clean car, but she needs a new transmission or it may just be the TOB. Either way I'm calling Synchrotech for a new one with LSD. Need to research clutches now.

Comment

Very nice looking car. I have always loved that blue. wish mine was that color instead of white (i hate white)
            Originally posted by wisdom62 View Post
            two previous owners and all records back to the original purchase.
            I wish that the two previous owners of my car had done that. the last owner of mine had kept records but over half of them were water damaged and impossible to read.
            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Welcome. That sedan is ridiculously clean!!

Great base to start with. Has tons of potential.

I just sold my coupe over the weekend, 3rd one I've built and sold. I recently just sold a set of 9091 USDM foglights to a member on here.

They are stupid hard to find, but with some luck you'll come across some.

I like how you're already jumping off into the deepend with your mods. Excellent start.

Comment

Bro, you have one clean sedan you have found. Do your homework on the mods. Just a tip here. I would hang onto all your original parts.
                A great car to check out is mikey's coupe just above. Functiom ^ form has a nice ride. Just to name a couple that have a good theme and kept a lot of things oem or appearance of oem. Great car!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

What was so great about my car? I just changed a bunch of OEM parts with other OEM parts.

The Function & Form coilovers, or pretty much any real coilover setup is fantastic, even for daily use, with their height adjustment and damping adjustment.

It's nice to be able to fine tune your ride height, or raise and lower as you please, which is ridiculously easy as well.

However, the setup you've chosen is one of the better spring/strut combos, so you will be very happy with those.

Once I installed the coilovers, I had camber kits and adjustable control arms and all that crap and I got pretty tired of all that stuff. Maybe it's just me getting old, but I really should have just left my car with the Tein springs on it and upgraded the struts.

Hell, my new car, a DC Integra, which is chock full of potential for modding, I don't even have the slightest urge to fool around and fiddle with things on it. I just want it right, how it came from the factory.

Sorry I'm turning this into a long post, BUT, I love your sedan. You have the absolute cleanest slate to start with to modify one of these cars. It really does not take much to completely change what these cars are, which is why I've had 4 modded ones. They're cheap, fun, awesome cars, and I love them because it's so uncommon to do these up for a Honda.

You're on the right track. Keep it clean. Once you start looking through the MRT's, you'll find so much inspiration, it'll spiral out of control and you'll have yourself a crazy out of control build in no time.

Comment

Clean. Nice canvas to start with.

Comment

fresh........

why why why ....i never get the no rusted cbs looks good nice start good luck brotha!
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                      i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. She definitely is a clean car and I'm going to keep her as clean as I can.

I just got finished stripping and polishing my prelude wheels for the cb. Came out pretty good.

I'll post some pics once I have a chance.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X