Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel hose psi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel hose psi?

I have to extend my fuel hose that goes from the fuel filter to fuel rail. I'm looking at the different hoses online and was wondering what kinda hose I should get? Any specs on one or help is appreciated. If your wondering,I have to extend it due to the banjo is on the drivers side on the f23 I'm dropping, thanks

you need to find out which F23 it is and google the F engine,, see what car it is on and then look up the fuel pressure for that car
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

You need fuel injection hose, it is rated for 250 psi. You cannot use regular fuel hose for fuel injection systems, it is only rated for 50 psi. The hose will have the psi rating printed on it.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

You shouldn't see over 50psi stock. But I agree since it's the feed side of the fuel line either get new oem parts or the proper type hose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
          You shouldn't see over 50psi stock. But I agree since it's the feed side of the fuel line either get new oem parts or the proper type hose.
          You run the risk of the rubber line rupturing if the fuel pressure spikes. If you really need to save the 5 extra dollars you'd spend on FI hose, go ahead and buy the hose that is rated for only 10 psi more than the system's normal pressure. I wouldn't
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

You should just see if you can use a f22 fuel rail on your f23. When I did my h22 swap I ran the f22 rail (direct swap, no modification required) so I did not have to get a new line.
            "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Yea theres a problem with the rails (I have other threads on it). They have FI hoses at advanced buy the foot that are rated at 110psi, would this be sufficient? I need to extend about 6-8ins for enough slack. Thanks

Comment

2 options to consider...
                #1 buy a FI hose thats got fittings on it, I believe O'reillys makes them
                #2 buy a fire extinguisher so you can escape when you burn your car cause a regular hose clamp came loose.
                Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by oksleeper View Post
                  2 options to consider...
                  #1 buy a FI hose thats got fittings on it, I believe O'reillys makes them
                  #2 buy a fire extinguisher so you can escape when you burn your car cause a regular hose clamp came loose.
                  Just my opinion
                  Yea I was concerned about how I was going to connect them securely and safely enough. So o'reillys makes them with the proper fittings to connect the hoses or with the banjo fuel piece

Comment

My best recommendation, its way overkill, but you can have a custom hydrolic hose made for that length you need, with whatever connectors you may need on the ends. Good to 400 bar, or 5800psi.

I had one made for to use an aftermarket oil pressure sender.

^^ That hose was $24, its 2ft long, with 1/8" npt connectors.
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 04-24-2012, 01:19 PM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Did you have to order that or was it local? Would they have the banjo fittings you think? (Not sure what they're called exactly)

Comment

It was made locally, Aeroquip was the name of the place here I got it from. I am not sure of all the available connectors, NPT (national pipe thread) connectors I believe are the standard, but wherever there is a will there is a way.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                        X