Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Polyurethane motor mount filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyurethane motor mount filler

The front torque motor mount on my car is cracked... has anyone filled it while on the car? letting it sit for the specified curing time of course! does it technically work?

Be Clean

poly mounts inserts

Hi there men well as im in the same position as u well i think it would work cause actually what u r doing is making the mounts feel like a soild mount by filling the openings this would make the mount have less stress on them try it out im bout to do the same

Comment

The polyurethane may leak out unless you find a way to keep it in place. If it leaks out, it will do no good!

Just remove the mount and do it the right way. It'll be less headache in the end! It's not a load-bearing mount, so you can even drive without it while it cures.

Comment

haha the rear is most likely in bad shape also

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The polyurethane may leak out unless you find a way to keep it in place. If it leaks out, it will do no good!

Just remove the mount and do it the right way. It'll be less headache in the end! It's not a load-bearing mount, so you can even drive without it while it cures.
          good to know!

guess i'll just buy a brand new rear mount, fill it, then swap and go the next time i have access to it. (ie intake manifold/head/etc...)

Be Clean

Comment

That's the easiest way.

Well, brand new isn't really necessary if you're filling. Hit a junkyard!

I had a 92 DX that I wrecked, and my friend came over every couple days to steal a mount. After about 2 weeks, he showed up at my door with a set of 4 filled mounts, ready to go on my good car

Comment

I would never try to fill a mount on the car, even if you could keep it in the mount, you woud be "glueing" it in a compressed or stressed position and probably wouldnt get the full effect from the mount

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
              sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
              bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

junkyard it is! i just read that filling motor mounts is a REPAIR! haha

Be Clean

Comment

Its also an upgrade to have solid mounts

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                  sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                  bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

Be advised... you WILL experience greater vibrations with filled mounts. Not unbearable, but it's noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Be advised... you WILL experience greater vibrations with filled mounts. Not unbearable, but it's noticeable.
                      Lol! Its pretty bad.
                      I hope fatboy posts his interior idling video.

Comment

vibrations?! haha ok. the shift shock almost makes me think that my car is fast. haha!

Be Clean

Comment

i did the poly mount trick using 3m window weld...id say its pretty stiff...only time u may notice the vibrations is at idle tho.also the car will feel more responsive (in my opinion anyway).
                          Deucez Wyld!!! Please tell me, are my hazards working properly?

Comment

I used window weld as well, on my front and rear mount. Worked just fine.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                            X