Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Unable to bleed the cooling system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nighthawk-

Did you ever get this resolved?

I am in cold Massachusetts with the same issues.

Late last Winter i bled my system near the Tstat housing and started getting much better heat quicker than had been. This past spring- I replaced some leaky coolant hoses near TBI, and replaced thermostat with OEM- so far so good.

In summer- was overheating radiator was shot and replaced. Have not had good high fairly quick heat since. I tried to bleed it thinking the shop didn't, but nothing ever came from the nipple unless I gunned the engine- after backing off gas- coolant would come out. When back to idle- NOTHING.

I drive this thing 50 miles each way to work(one hour) with the last 45 minutes highway)- it takes 15 minutes to get warm air to clear windshield, and on commute- its warm- it never blasts me out of the car like it used to(I used to be able to dry my running clothes from the heat on my commute home!!!).

I get wisps of anti-freeze smell every now and then, my guage is just above 1/3, just below 1/2. The Upper hose is hot, while the lower hose(to the thermostat) is COLD- yes- even after my commute.

My rad Cap was recently changed(two weeks ago), and that did nothing.
    With the past threads about this- I am thinking Thermostat- but wondering if there is something else going on.

Thanks
    Chris

Comment

sounds like thermostat again, get an oem one.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

u said u changed the radiator in the summer right? did u do it or some1 els. it sounds like it could be the thermostat or lots of air pockets running through your system.

Comment

Originally posted by reidc View Post
          Nighthawk-

Did you ever get this resolved?

I am in cold Massachusetts with the same issues.

Late last Winter i bled my system near the Tstat housing and started getting much better heat quicker than had been. This past spring- I replaced some leaky coolant hoses near TBI, and replaced thermostat with OEM- so far so good.

In summer- was overheating radiator was shot and replaced. Have not had good high fairly quick heat since. I tried to bleed it thinking the shop didn't, but nothing ever came from the nipple unless I gunned the engine- after backing off gas- coolant would come out. When back to idle- NOTHING.

I drive this thing 50 miles each way to work(one hour) with the last 45 minutes highway)- it takes 15 minutes to get warm air to clear windshield, and on commute- its warm- it never blasts me out of the car like it used to(I used to be able to dry my running clothes from the heat on my commute home!!!).

I get wisps of anti-freeze smell every now and then, my guage is just above 1/3, just below 1/2. The Upper hose is hot, while the lower hose(to the thermostat) is COLD- yes- even after my commute.

My rad Cap was recently changed(two weeks ago), and that did nothing.
          With the past threads about this- I am thinking Thermostat- but wondering if there is something else going on.

Thanks
          Chris
          Finaly,i bleed the system and there was no more heat coming out after.I tried to put a cardboard over the rad and did a 1hr trip.The top hose was smoking hot and the bottom one was very hot too but less.

Not much heat improvement even with the card board so i figured that my heater core is gone.

Anyway it isen't much more of an issue right now cause the cb7 is off the road now since mid-november cause of a MAJOR oil leak around the T-Belt area.I guess it is the cam or crank shaft seal that poped out.Well,i got to wait till march to get it fixed and sell the car after.

I'm getting tired of repairing things every week or so.Might as well sell it after the repair and catch some money back.I guess the 17yo car has done is job,can't say anything bad about these vehicule,it just that i ain't got the space,time and willing to keep repairing it every time.

Comment

Thanks all-

Its gonna be mid forties temp wise here today so I'll get out and play with it. As I said- I tried bleeding by tstat housing, but nuttin came out. I will go visit Honda and get a new Tstat.

I pulled off cap this AM COLD- and felt vacuum when pulling of- thats cool, so I know Tstat is closed. It must be staying closed all the time.

When I replaced it during spring/summer last yr- I went with OEM, and I THOUGHT it was a 195. I also remember driving a few weeks ago, and after my commute- I felt hose and it was cold. Shut car off, and check 5 minutes later,and lower hose felt warm. Start it up, and run check 10 minutes later and its back COLD again WTF-Over???

Thx
            Chris

Comment

I think people are forgetting that the upper heater hose should be hotter than the lower.
              all radiators flow from top to bottom... heat rises cold sinks.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I just bought another Tstat from Honda- the only ones they have are 78 degree C... which I guess equals 172 degrees F... does that sound right for here in the North???

Pulled my old one, and it is also a 78 degree C unit.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  I think people are forgetting that the upper heater hose should be hotter than the lower.
                  all radiators flow from top to bottom... heat rises cold sinks.
                  they should be near the same temp at operating temperature. but one shouldnt be dead cold or cool and the other one crazy hot.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                  X