Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Grinding noise with tranny,no more drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90f23a1accord View Post
    good looking out i plan on doing the same tommorrow hope the axle situation goes your way i dont really wanna go thru the hassle of replacing my tranny why cant it be something simple lol but keep me imformed
    I hope it turns out that way from you too bud!

Try pulling both axels in and out on the tranny side and see if there is a play.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk57 View Post
      I hope it turns out that way from you too bud!

Try pulling both axels in and out on the tranny side and see if there is a play.
      so for you its the tranny that needs to be changed or the other axle on the opposite side? so if there is play the tranny needs to be replaced or the axle's i think i confused myself when reading it lol.
      Last edited by 90f23a1accord; 11-03-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

so for you its the tranny that needs to be changed or the other axle on the opposite side? so if there is play the tranny needs to be replaced or the axle's i think i confused myself when reading it lol.
        It was the other side axel who screw up.Just check for play on both side of the tranny

Comment

thanks for the info and the tips you have been most useful ill let you know what happens with that tip soon

Comment

The axles have to pop into the differential or they can fall back out again. It is critical that the axle be installed correctly or this problem could happen again and tear up another axle.

Comment

thanks for all the valuable help i will get this done when i get the chance probably this weekend ill post what i find out for more help

Comment

I'ts good to know that my post helped someone put another cb7 back on the road!

Finnally,it cost 215$ at the shop to replace the axel.Now it run smooth again like before

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
                  The axles have to pop into the differential or they can fall back out again. It is critical that the axle be installed correctly or this problem could happen again and tear up another axle.
                  ok question ok i got the tires straight and the car off #1. the car can be off right when im checking the play or does it have to be running ? and #2 is it supposed to be no play at all when i pull on them or is some play ok?
                  Last edited by 90f23a1accord; 11-05-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

ok question ok i got the tires straight and the car off #1. the car can be off right when im checking the play or does it have to be running ? and #2 is it supposed to be no play at all when i pull on them or is some play ok?
                    I would have the car off when checking for play. You're looking for mechanically worn out parts, and they should have slop when they're turning or stationary. Your only other option would be to have the vehicle in drive and have a turning axle to rip your fingers off when you're trying to check it.

I will defer to someone else on how much play there should be. On all the Accords I have had, once the axle has snapped into the differential there's probably 1/16" or 1/8" (haven't messed with my axles in a while can't remember exactly) of play between the diff and the axle. I am not sure how much there should be, but that amount has (to my knowledge) never caused issues with my transmissions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
                      I would have the car off when checking for play. You're looking for mechanically worn out parts, and they should have slop when they're turning or stationary. Your only other option would be to have the vehicle in drive and have a turning axle to rip your fingers off when you're trying to check it.

I will defer to someone else on how much play there should be. On all the Accords I have had, once the axle has snapped into the differential there's probably 1/16" or 1/8" (haven't messed with my axles in a while can't remember exactly) of play between the diff and the axle. I am not sure how much there should be, but that amount has (to my knowledge) never caused issues with my transmissions.
                      thanks for the info i was gonna check it out today since i WAS off today but i just got called in so ill let yall know when i find something out

Comment

well guys my cb is on the way to aamco tranny shop wish me luck
                        Last edited by 90f23a1accord; 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

well guys my cb is on the way to aamco tranny shop wish me luck
                          Good luck dude,especially if you send it to a tranny shop....they are usualy very expensive compared to general mechanic garage.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk57 View Post
                            Good luck dude,especially if you send it to a tranny shop....they are usualy very expensive compared to general mechanic garage.
                            hahaha they already had problems with shutting it off they are gonna get to work on it first thing in the morning considering they left at 5 today

Comment

UPDATE:after a long delay and time spent buying parts today i bolted the MP1A tranny to the f23a1 block thats in my car and everything bolted up fine. with a little tilting and prying of the tranny the factory mounts work and bolt up and the only major thing i had to change was passanger side c.v axle the seals and the the vss and one of the torque converter solonoids plugs waiting for later this morning to buy honda tranny fluid so i can start it up and test drive her

Comment

Working...
                              X