Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How does a CB handle without p/s???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
    Removing it makes your CB handle like a ferrari.
    haha, almost.

anyways, take off the belt, drive around for a little bit and see what ya think. then decide. i kinda like my power steering in the cb.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
      thats what i was thinkin. pretty sure its electronic
      It is... Thats also a reason I have heard that sometimes the colbalt p/s motor will just stop working in mid turn causing the p/s to go out or even lock up...

I like not having power steering. I feel more conected, and being able to fell more feedback from the road is great.

As for turning when stopped. Its not hard to just tap the gas to get it moving, then its easy to steer. Its also easier to steer if you take the airbag out and put a different wheel on, due to there being less weight.

I also like it because people dont want to drive my car (I hate letting people drive my car...)
      Last edited by EJX_Michael; 07-31-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

if u want to get the feeling just dont put power steering fluid in....
        thats how u can see...

Comment

Originally posted by da1prettyboii View Post
          if u want to get the feeling just dont put power steering fluid in....
          thats how u can see...
          thats possibly the worst advice i have heard in a while. dont EVER tell anyone to do that.
          thats like running your engine with no oil in it.

just take the belt off. that way the pump wont spin.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

smaller diameter steering wheel + power steering = win
            DEVOTE

Comment

are you turbo your car or what?

Comment

get a manual rack if you can, you will eventually shear your rack&pinion to shreads. Trust me.

Comment

its all about driver preferance, take the belt off drive a few days. if you like it then leave it off. i prefer having it on alot of drivers say they can feel the road more. i feel like i can correct the car easier in a understeer situation quicker than i can without or maybe i just feel more confident with it. i think many others prefer power steering such as nascar, f1, time attack drivers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7godd View Post
                    are you turbo your car or what?
                    If your talking to me then, its not turbo'd, well not yet. Its gonna take awhile b/c I'm building the F22a1 to withstand a HKS GT35BB at least this car will be mega boost before I'm done.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Handels way better at high speeds.

Comment

just a quick question my p.s pump is leaking and i am thinking of keeping it off will it mess anything up by not having the power steering pump do its job i know that you can take it off and drive it but i am talking about will it wear and tear anything else or affect anything like the tires by having to do more manual work ? but then again my rack and pinion is busted it would be best to leave it on till i fixed the rack just a thought...imput please

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb792 View Post
                          Haha I try that also. I grab a napkin get all the p/s fluid out & see hows it feels like.
                          When we've already remove the p/s belt,does the rack make any freaky sound while turning??

Comment

I have an H22 and no PS deff feels like a ferrari when I had my Prelude I had no PS as well...its heavenly lol take it off bro and like others have said you can feel the road alot better...I drove a car with PS and it's just not the same...
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

if u remove the PS lines its great, if u leave them on your pull a muscle trying to turn it LOL
                              Blake.
                              1994 Accord Part out!
                              Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Removing the belt but leaving the pump on is way harder to turn than if you remove the pump. Remember that the fluid still has to work through the pump even when it's not running.

Comment

Working...
                                X