Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What are you opinions on DUAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Pioneer. I have owned several Pioneers, and a Sony. Never had a problem with either, though I disliked the sound quality of the Sony. It had a gorgeous interface though. A friend of mine had the same unit and his lasted about 5 years before the screen started flaking out. Never had a problem with CD eating. My first Pioneer lasted about that long. I've only had my current one 2-3 years so far but its done great thus far, no signs of wear/premature failure yet.

A good Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, Jensen, JVC, or Panasonic should be just fine. (by good I mean not the cheapest product that they offer, something up from that). I also suggest that you do not purchase audio equipment from Wal-Mart. Even though they may have the same model number and brand on them, I have heard so many horror stories about Wal-Mart HUs that I just don't hear about similar/same units from car audio retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
      I really like Pioneer. I have owned several Pioneers, and a Sony. Never had a problem with either, though I disliked the sound quality of the Sony. It had a gorgeous interface though. A friend of mine had the same unit and his lasted about 5 years before the screen started flaking out. Never had a problem with CD eating. My first Pioneer lasted about that long. I've only had my current one 2-3 years so far but its done great thus far, no signs of wear/premature failure yet.

A good Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, Jensen, JVC, or Panasonic should be just fine. (by good I mean not the cheapest product that they offer, something up from that). I also suggest that you do not purchase audio equipment from Wal-Mart. Even though they may have the same model number and brand on them, I have heard so many horror stories about Wal-Mart HUs that I just don't hear about similar/same units from car audio retailers.
      I see. Thanks for the heads up bro.

Comment

Originally posted by mncb7 View Post
        What kind of problems do you have with the sony Xplod?
        i meant to say no problems i was just typing too fast.

sony xplods are great, i got the the AMP too

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

DUAL decks suck. As do most of their products. I have 2 DUAL 12" Subs in the cb and dont get me wrong they sound awesome with my Rockford Fostgate amp, but I'm not really an audio guy.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Stick to Pioneer head units and you won't go wrong.

I've run Pioneer exlusively in my daily driver for about 5 years (11 different models) and Pioneer has never let me down, from the entry level DEH-11 to the AVIC-Z3.

Alpine made some very nice head units 3-4 years back, but anything recent has been stripped of the EQ and any real built-in sound curving options, so I'd steer away from them unless you 1.) Plan to purchase the IMPRINT setup ($300+ on top of the head unit) or 2.) Only need a cheap head unit with Bass and Treblem leveling.

Kenwood makes decent, affordable head units. I would still choose Pioneer over Kenwood, but for your needs (judging on your first post) Kenwood would also be a fine choice if you could find a good deal.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
            Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
            Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
            [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Go with an Alpine or Kenwood head unit. Dual is not a reliable brand.
              Bisimoto Engineering
              1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
              2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
              3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

im not a big fan of dual personally. i prefer alpine or pioneer. there are some decent kenwoods. good luck you should try and find someone with it so you can see and hear it. that way you can really see what you getting. cause pressing the buttons in the store won't really give what you looking for.

the sedan
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                the wagon
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                the integra
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

poineer, poineer, poineer, poineer........

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                    i meant to say no problems i was just typing too fast.

sony xplods are great, i got the the AMP too
                    Ah, I see. People tend to make mistakes. My brother has the amp. Its a really nice amp.

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
                      Stick to Pioneer head units and you won't go wrong.

I've run Pioneer exlusively in my daily driver for about 5 years (11 different models) and Pioneer has never let me down, from the entry level DEH-11 to the AVIC-Z3.

Alpine made some very nice head units 3-4 years back, but anything recent has been stripped of the EQ and any real built-in sound curving options, so I'd steer away from them unless you 1.) Plan to purchase the IMPRINT setup ($300+ on top of the head unit) or 2.) Only need a cheap head unit with Bass and Treblem leveling.

Kenwood makes decent, affordable head units. I would still choose Pioneer over Kenwood, but for your needs (judging on your first post) Kenwood would also be a fine choice if you could find a good deal.

-mak
                      Pioneers are great.
                      I used to have the one where it has the animated dolphins swimming.
                      It was a great deck until someone stole it. Didn't have the detachable face.

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                        Go with an Alpine or Kenwood head unit. Dual is not a reliable brand.
                        Looks like dual won't be on my list anymore then.

Originally posted by jimmybean21 View Post
                        im not a big fan of dual personally. i prefer alpine or pioneer. there are some decent kenwoods. good luck you should try and find someone with it so you can see and hear it. that way you can really see what you getting. cause pressing the buttons in the store won't really give what you looking for.
                        I might go with alpine or pioneer. Debating between them.

Originally posted by childrey91 View Post
                        poineer, poineer, poineer, poineer........
                        If you say so. Debating between pioneer and alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by mncb7 View Post
                          Debating between pioneer and alpine.
                          Go to an audio retailer and look at models from both of them. Whichever you prefer the look and feel of, get that one. You're choosing between two great brands.

Comment

Used Alpine or older Clarion

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Kenwood

I am a strong lover of kenwood.. the amp/head unit/ subs my dad bought from them 10+ years ago are in my s10 pickup and still work flawlessly. i have other newer kenwoods as well and still amazing quality in the workmanship and general quality of the product..

www.onlinecarstereo.com
                              this is where i go for all my audio stuff... far cheaper then the local car toys.
                              go to a stereo shop see what you like and then look at that site because it will probably be cheaper..

Click it.... You know you wanna
                              Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

honestly dual it isnt worth the trouble yea it looks good until it stops working and you have to do all the work getting it back out for the price you can go to a pawn shop and get a decent used one

Comment

Working...
                                X