• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyG94CB7 View Post
    ... rational woman for that to work.
    A what now?

... I remember your story now....

Man, GET OUT OF THERE. It is only going to continue to get worse. and the next time she is smacking herself, threatening harm to herself, ect.
    LEAVE the house.
    She is not really going to do that much damage. People who are violent with themselves (like she is) are doing it FOR your reaction.
    To get your attention.

Don't give her what she wants.
    Mike, my brother, I can guess a little at what's going on, but without your confirmation, I can only give half-ass advice.
    I was married to the first wife for 14 years, and we had some horrible fights. I've called her everything you can imagine, accused her of things she was and was not guilty of, we've both done damn near every mean thing you can do in a fight short of actual physical combat. We both knew how to push the other one's buttons until it was all I could do to restrain myself from physical violence and I would have to sometimes move her out of my way as gently as I possibly could so I could leave before I started hitting her. I've said things to her that I was immediately ashamed of.

If what you said was wrong; apologize and leave it the fuck alone.

If what you said was true, but could have been phrased differently; apologize for the way you said it and leave it the fuck alone.

If she's acting as Lady G says ^, then treat her the same way you treat a child having a tantrum. Be calm, but firm, tell her that you have issues you two need to discuss but not while she's acting this way, then turn around and leave her the fuck alone, for a while.

I'd also recommend that you two seek counseling. Trust issues are a bastard to get over, I know. I'm still dealing with trust issues from the women in my past, and It's WAY too easy to project those on your current partner. The Muse and I went through a tough spot before I got on my meds because I was letting the past affect my trust of her.
    She may also be having issues, and sometimes the only way two people can work something out is with a mediator. Try your pastor (if you go to church) or look for marital counseling in the yellow pages. You may even be able to find a free help group with other couples having the same problems.

As always, if you need to talk, hit me up. If you don't have my number (for some reason I think you do ) PM me and I'll give it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
      I don't wanna talk about feelings and emotions, talk to your fucking counselor about that.
      real talk

Comment

Lol, then my second post is for you, and my first for the OP.
        Gotcha.

....Wives/gf's don't let shit go. Just apologize and say she didn't do anything wrong. Doesn't matter what she did to set her off because she's a woman and thats what they do, but its never their fault that we get mad right?....
        This right here is the truth
        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          We both knew how to push the other one's buttons until it was all I could do to restrain myself from physical violence and I would have to sometimes move her out of my way as gently as I possibly could so I could leave before I started hitting her.
          Dude....this is all too true for me. But the thing is, she WON'T let me leave when I need to. So I resort to breaking shit.
          VIP Status.

Comment

Damn everyone's going through some rough relationship/relationshit river waters nowadays...

Comment

Flowers

( You have to play gta4 to understand that one )

Comment

Originally posted by True-BlueCB7 View Post
                Damn everyone's going through some rough relationship/relationshit river waters nowadays...
                The fucking economy doesn't help things. Being broke all the time makes tensions tight on top of the usual problems.

Comment

If it is your girl i would suggest figuring out her favorite candy and buying an entire package of them (like if she likes Reeses buy her the 12 pack) and hand picked flowers. Plus another apology explaining why you keep fucking up and how you plan on changing it.

This worked for eric the one time he royally fucked up.

Woman really aren't THAT difficult.
                  "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                  - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

The fucking economy doesn't help things. Being broke all the time makes tensions tight on top of the usual problems.
                    True, but not entirely (on my side). My dad lost his job a few months ago, but we're doing fine. It didn't really interfere with my relationshit issues a whole lot.

*But it all depends on who it is and the situation.

Comment

True, but not entirely (on my side). My dad lost his job a few months ago, but we're doing fine. It didn't really interfere with my relationshit issues a whole lot.

and the fact that your dad losing his job wouldnt effect your relationships since your 18

im willing to bet if your parents are still together there was some stress put on theirs

to the OP....say a sincere sorry and leave it at that....dont kiss her ass.....dont tell her everything was your fault....just say sorry and leave it with her...and a gift wouldnt hurt....but if it takes a gift to make her not mad at you is really someone who you want to keep around.
                      Last edited by King James; 04-09-2010, 07:41 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I'm mostly referring to couples who live together or are married.

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                          and the fact that your dad losing his job wouldnt effect your relationships since your 18

im willing to bet if your parents are still together there was some stress put on theirs
                          It didn't effect me because I'm not going to ditch the relationship of a year and a half just cause I was pissed off alot from my dad losing his job. And hence me saying this:

I'm mostly referring to couples who live together or are married.
                          Gotcha. I kinda figured, but okay.

Woodman, do you two even talk to each other? Maybe you guys can sit down and just talk about the situation and make it work? Idk. I'm only 18.

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post

to the OP....say a sincere sorry and leave it at that....dont kiss her ass.....dont tell her everything was your fault....just say sorry and leave it with her...and a gift wouldnt hurt....but if it takes a gift to make her not mad at you is really someone who you want to keep around.
                            It's not the materialistic part of the gift woman like. It's the thought you put into it. For instance hand picked flowers would be a lot sweeter than store bought ones.

usually women just want to know that you listen to them and that you care about them. And since your problem seems to have something to do with not listening to her answer the first time maybe you should make it a point to show her that you do listen to her.
                            "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

It didn't effect me because I'm not going to ditch the relationship of a year and a half just cause I was pissed off alot from my dad losing his job.
                              How could you try to relate when your DAD lost his job? How is that putting a big strain on you? I don't understand, enlighten me.

Why would you end your relationship because your dad lost his job? You're on a completely different chapter than everyone else....so flip back a couple hundred pages and try not to stray away.

If I am wrong here, please point me in the right.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                                It's not the materialistic part of the gift woman like. It's the thought you put into it. For instance hand picked flowers would be a lot sweeter than store bought ones.

usually women just want to know that you listen to them and that you care about them. And since your problem seems to have something to do with not listening to her answer the first time maybe you should make it a point to show her that you do listen to her.
                                true enough....i just had an ex who just wouldnt get over shit unless I pretty much made a monetary way showing her I was "truley" sorry

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                                How could you try to relate when your DAD lost his job? How is that putting a big strain on you? I don't understand, enlighten me.

Why would you end your relationship because your dad lost his job? You're on a completely different chapter than everyone else....so flip back a couple hundred pages and try not to stray away.

If I am wrong here, please point me in the right.
                                exactly my point.....at 18 most people have no idea what real stress and real problems are like.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Working...
                                X