Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no tail lights, no dash lights, but i have brake lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no tail lights, no dash lights, but i have brake lights?

no dash light, no tail lights, but i have brake lights?

what can i do to fix this?

thanks
    93 Coupe........AutoX

Originally posted by Charliehstle209 View Post
    no dash light, no tail lights, but i have brake lights?

what can i do to fix this?

thanks
    Did you check all your fuses? Have you done any work on the car recently? Ie. stereo install, wire tuck, ANY electrical.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

fuses are good. i did rewire my stock stereo in around the time it started, thats about it.

my friend said it could be one of the boxes on the back of the tail light or something with the dash dimmer control on the dash...
      93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

fuses are good. i did rewire my stock stereo in around the time it started, thats about it.

my friend said it could be one of the boxes on the back of the tail light or something with the dash dimmer control on the dash...
        The dimmer dash COULD be it or you cut a wire under the dash you werent supposed to.

Comment

thanks for the input, ive been lazy on solving the problem and am tired of not being able to drive at night time.
          93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

thanks for the input, ive been lazy on solving the problem and am tired of not being able to drive at night time.
            I would just go back thru and make sure you didnt cut the wire for your lights to use it as a switched 12v supply.

Comment

check the 10 amp fuse under the dash by kick panel called back-up meter lights if it pops again replace with a 15 amp i had the same exact problem and no more now

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_ACCORD773 View Post
                check the 10 amp fuse under the dash by kick panel called back-up meter lights if it pops again replace with a 15 amp i had the same exact problem and no more now
                yeah either this ^
                or check the "small light" fuse under the hood. i had a similar problem before also

♦░I'm so JDM I sleep on the right side of the bed░♦

Comment

I had no dash lights and no running tails on my Isuzu P'up and it was a fuse that kept popping. Wrecked it soon after so I never got to find out the issue but it had to do with the wiring I'm sure.

First thing I learned when I was taking automotive classes at my local tech college was to CHECK ALL FUSES. And to NEVER replace a fuse with a higher amperage fuse. Putting a higher amperage fuse can cause problems in that circuit and possibly burn up whatever its powering. If its a 10 amp fuse, only replace it with a 10 amp fuse. If it pops again, find a wiring diagram and source your problem.
                  We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                  Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

In your engine bay fuse panel, check the fuse "SMALL LIGHT". This is usually the cause of the problem.

Your corners/tails will still work if your gauge illumination plug is not connected.

The small light fuse is for your running lights, and I think also to do with the gauge cluster and dome/courtesy lights.

It is common for this fuse to blow after fiddling with your stereo. I have had it happen to me several times, so I'll almost betcha that's your problem.

Comment

thanks much for the input guys, i'll check it out when i get home from work...
                      93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

same thing happened to me but i fixed it by pulling out a fuse from in the engine bay fuses...it was the hmm..hold on... the interior light fuse...15..see if that one is blown
                        93 Cb7 Ex Sedan

Comment

SMALL LIGHT fuse was the issue.

i check all fuse's twice before and non were popped.

thanks for all the help!

3rd time checking was the charm
                          93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Check fuses but if all good check the harness connection for the headlight switch I believe it a light blue check that those go out alot n screws with ur lights

Comment

I had this problem too after I put a new radio in. The kid that owned my girls car before wired it to where the signal lights are on when turning the car on and when I wired in the new radio noticed two wires where crossed and I uncrossed them. So i went back and crossed them again

Comment

Working...
                              X