No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet stuff on the carputer guys. I really want to do one, it's cheaper or about the same price as an in dash dvd/gps unit. I can't wait to see and here about what goes into your carputer. I know you've done your research on it.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
      dammit mike, i didnt know u were doing a carputer! i thought i might have been the first cb7tuner with a carputer (that i know of) but that's not coming until chistmas or summer. i just need an inverter to get v1 in right now.
      haha, I think I'm the first cb7er to do it, heck it's already been out for 5-6 mos, put it in over a year ago. I used a mini pc that was just a tad big for my liking, plus moreso only driving 15 mins to and from work and having to wait for windows killed it. If I drove a bit further during my trips I'd have left it in there.

and mike I hate you for having one that fits under the seat.... lol. But to anyone and everyone who wants to do this, I figured something out! With this one 1.5ghz hp laptop, I took it apart completely to do some work, and without the screen or keyboard it'll run completely, so you could have something literally half and inch thick but the width of a laptop and put it anywhere. GREAT idea if you have/find one with a damaged screen, I'd say it's VERY probable you can do this with most laptops since they can switch to external video outputs...
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

that heater is still parked outside? lol, and i see its plenty away from the coupe.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Very interested in this digital climate control you have / are making. What is it, or are you trying to keep it a secret?

I really like how you moved everything in order to position the screen up higher. I think I am going to do the same, just the original climate control when put lower down on the console is a tight fit, and doesn't look OEM. So interested.

Also, do you have software plans? AS far as a front end and gps software and what not.
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

those tits are totally photoshopped in your sig. im sure someones already mentioned that though.

and props on the climate control. i still have my ac but no ps
            ]

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
              Very interested in this digital climate control you have / are making. What is it, or are you trying to keep it a secret?

I really like how you moved everything in order to position the screen up higher. I think I am going to do the same, just the original climate control when put lower down on the console is a tight fit, and doesn't look OEM. So interested.

Also, do you have software plans? AS far as a front end and gps software and what not.
              its nothing super secret but its a unique mod that i dont want to share details about until im able to get it installed, with the hopes that ill still be the first to do it. though i will say its a jdm climate control setup, which yes has been done before, but not quite this way

i included a picture below of what i have done so far, everything is trimmed and fitted to the point of being usable, just not 100% pretty yet. i intend to fiberglass/mould the front half of the screen into the dash trim. its a 7" widescreen touchscreen Xenarc monitor, accepts VGA as well as two standard A/V inputs.

as for inputs, the screen is a USB touchscreen. i dont know what to do for a keyboard but id like to get a very small one and tuck it somewhere, accessible if needed. maybe the glovebox.

the PC enclosure i have has a thick extruded aluminum case w/ 3 fans on one end, its made to be used in cars/boats. its a VoomPC, click this little picture for details:

it includes a smart timed switching power supply to turn the pc on and off, running from a 12v source.

as for the UI/software i think im going to run win98... it would boot up nice and quick on a 1.2 especially after i work with it ive considered using a newer version for the standby quick on/off option, but my programming experience really works best with win9x and that will allow me to easily write my own interface. i have plans for it to automatically do things such as lock doors and roll up/down windows.

ill probably run some version of maps&streets, havent looked into that yet. i have a full local phonebook on CD and various other ideas about what cool programs i can run. the PC has a wireless card too

the operating system and all related operational software/data will be running from the 1gb compactflash memory card, so heat/shock wont ever kill it. extra content like mp3s/movies will be stored on the internal 20gb laptop HDD.

the audio output will be tied directly into the AUX input on my headunit.

i will also be taking advantage of my chipped ECU to provide on-screen data logging/gauges... though i think ECUControl is no longer updated? ill also be able to burn ecu chips, just need to get a new smaller, compact burner.

as you can see, lots of plans... just need the time to go ahead and put it all together, which is going to take a while. its my next focus though!

here is a picture of the dash setup so far (temporary deck used for mockup):

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
              those tits are totally photoshopped in your sig. im sure someones already mentioned that though.
              its actually a real picture, meg's friend in the back seat told me to look up and she snapped the picture.
              http://www.m1xe.com/pics/tcnj/2007-1...&&%20boobs.jpg
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-05-2014, 12:02 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Carputers are sweet. I want to do one with a Mac Mini eventually.

Not sure how Ill accomplish it, but it will be neat to try.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

damn, nice.
                  ]

Comment

this car is retarded clean, i could only wish win mine is done it looks half as good

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      [img]http://www.****.com/pics/92exr/100_0772.jpg[/img]
                      Mike all those cb's...lol. You cant stop can ya..
                      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                      ....................My New Baby
                      SOLD TO
                      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Can you really blame him? When my girl saw this she told me that she was terrified that all of the 4 spots on the floor and 2 on the lifts were going to look like this. Well All Im gonna say is she has every reason to be scared.. He he
                        Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Originally posted by Hondatuner998
                          Can you really blame him? When my girl saw this she told me that she was terrified that all of the 4 spots on the floor and 2 on the lifts were going to look like this. Well All Im gonna say is she has every reason to be scared.. He he
                          Haha so if given the oppournity youll end up like him or even worse.
                          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                          ....................My New Baby
                          SOLD TO
                          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

pictures

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

mike, car looks really good. u shouldve came with us home, crazy shit

Comment

Awesome picture. I love it!

I didn't even notice that H emblem embedded in the sparkplug cover! How did you do that? I want to do that to mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X