owequitit : 2013 Accord EX-L V6 6-Speed Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    That said, I am torn between keeping this and selling it before it gets to 100K so that I can still get some decent money out of it with a new clutch and timing belt. I have been eyeing the new Type-S, but the feature set worries me a bit and I don't really want to go buying a car in the spring if COVID after effects are still around.
    Have you played around getting an offer from Carvana yet? In the Tacoma world guys are dumping their trucks by the dozens, many of whom are unloading their 2019 and 2020 trucks for more than they paid new. One member sold his truck, turned around and bought an identical new one and still made $1,000 (and his truck had 12,000 miles on it IIRC).

Is Acura playing ball at all with COVID? I helped my MIL get a new RAV for 0% for 60 and at under invoice back in May.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
      Have you played around getting an offer from Carvana yet? In the Tacoma world guys are dumping their trucks by the dozens, many of whom are unloading their 2019 and 2020 trucks for more than they paid new. One member sold his truck, turned around and bought an identical new one and still made $1,000 (and his truck had 12,000 miles on it IIRC).

Is Acura playing ball at all with COVID? I helped my MIL get a new RAV for 0% for 60 and at under invoice back in May.
      I did try Carvana awhile ago and they came in about the same as CarMax. The problem is that MT Accords still book lower, even though they fetch a lot more in real life. So basically, they could give me less money and then turn around and sell it for more. Of the maybe 5-10 nationwide at anytime, they go for between $10-11K in good condition. The offers coming in from the car houses are usually around 6-7K. So if I sold it, at this point, I would just sell it private party. We could honestly live with just one car as well. The problem is that I actually really like driving it. LOL.

As for Acura, I have heard they are dealing a bit. I know they are basically putting like $20K on the RLX to get them off the lots ASAP. I doubt they will be dealing much on the Type-S, at least initially. I have also considered the M340i or the Volvo S60 T6 R-Design. The Type-S, the M340i and the Volvo would all land within about $5K of each other the way I would equip them. The BMW stickers at like $64K for the options I want, but apparently, they have pretty good deals right now and there is apparently about $5-10K (depending on model, options and stock) realistically available. The Type-S is supposed to be at about $55K, and the Volvo came in at like $58K almost fully loaded, but again, $5K+ is pretty easy to get out of them.

The BMW would be my choice for performance, the Volvo for features and "luxury" feeling (man they are nice and well built) and the Type-S as hopefully a middle ground. The Type-S may not have some key Advance package features, which would probably make me walk away to be honest. Some of that stuff I just expect to at least be available at that price. No power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, rear heated seats, HUD, and a few others.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
      X