• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Compressor Tool

Hey guys I am getting ready to attempt build one of my F22 heads I have
    laying around.

I know there are other ways to compress springs but can you guys point
    me to the right spring compressor I should use?

All the ones I see on ebay all say for k, b series..will those ones work?

Thanks
    Keep Pushing..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P0ZJIS...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Not necessarily a valve compressor but more of a retainer saver. This works like a charm and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. You can either use a hammer(rubber mallet) or by hand.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

That's the tool I use. Works great, just gotta support the valve from underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
        That's the tool I use. Works great, just gotta support the valve from underneath.
        a bunch of nylon rope fed down into the spark plug hole, before turning the crank to compress the piston up against it, works great for physically holding the valves in place from underneath!

+1 on this style of spring/keeper removal tool. Don't need to remove the head, and a quick pop with a hammer and the spring comes right off. I personally have used my Toyotool (https://toyotool.com/index.html) many times. The Lisle brand on amazon is cheaper though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          a bunch of nylon rope fed down into the spark plug hole, before turning the crank to compress the piston up against it, works great for physically holding the valves in place from underneath!

+1 on this style of spring/keeper removal tool. Don't need to remove the head, and a quick pop with a hammer and the spring comes right off. I personally have used my Toyotool (https://toyotool.com/index.html) many times. The Lisle brand on amazon is cheaper though.
          how does it work for installing the keepers after installing new springs?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            how does it work for installing the keepers after installing new springs?
            just as easy as removal!

The tool itself has two ends: one magnetic for keeper removal, the other shaped/tapered in a way for keeper installation. This is why most pictures of the tool show it in 2 pieces, the handle separated from the main tool.

You just assemble the spring loose, drop the keepers into the loose retainer, and whack it. The keepers are held down by the tool and pop in place around the valve stem, then once they reach (or pass) the lock groove in the valve, on the backstroke they lock into place.

It's really incredibly clever, and admittedly my favorite automotive tool that I have ever used. I love seeing threads about it. Back in the day it was $150+shipping and worth every penny! There arent many tools that can boast the ability to "convert multiple hours of work into a single hammer swing with 0 pre-setup" ............ literally, you take the tool out of your toolbox, and hit it with a hammer. That's it.
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-17-2019, 08:07 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

oh that's badass

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Thank you guys!! That was the one I was thinking.

Ready to get a little more power in my F22B Civic
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

I hope Im not late on this post. I used a piece of pcv irrigation pipe and bored out a hole at the end of it for the magnetic keepers to pop off and reinstall. I did a utube DYI search on valve spring compressor and a found a basic solution. Im did that job on my dining table. LOL
                  Good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X