Very High Idle, No idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very High Idle, No idea.

Hey guys, Pretty much got the cb back on the road, this time boosted with fresh parts.
    Whenever I start the car, the idle jumps immediately to 2500rpms and sits. If i unplug the IACV it drops to 1000 and bounces fast from 1000 to 1100. Idle adjustment screw does nothing. MAP/vaccum lines pass my inspection.
    After warmup it is around 1500-1600
    Anything else i might be missing?

I would clean or replace the IACV and did you check the FITV? And make sure the doughnut is all the way seated? Did it run normal before you refreshed the motor? Did you double check your intake mani bolts and make sure they are tight and not leaking?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

checked and cleaned both IACV and FITV. Screwed that bobber down.
      All intake bolts are tight.
      Idled at 800 before rebuild

Comment

Got a smoke machine? Or even blow smoke into the bay when running?

Agree with Grumpys93, you have a leak somewhere. I use to have a leak and it was right in front of my face the whole time but couldn't hear it due to engine noise too.

Comment

Sure your throttle plate is closing all the way? Did you do anything with the intake manifold (clean EGR passages, remove/replace valves, disassemble and clean)?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I know it is not the greatest idea but I always checked vacuum leaks with
            spraying brake cleaner around the throttle & intake. then the idle should
            change if the cleaner is sucked in the leak.

I just had a dead IACV on my F22B in my Hatch because no matter how
            much I adjusted the idle In Crome it would not change anything. I replaced
            it with a junkyard Honda IACV & it worked fine.

**Advise not to order them off ebay or any other sensor, I am 0 for 3 on
            ebay sensors lol.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
            X