Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Some questions about CB7 running HIDs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, projectors done right in stock housings look great. They don't look like cheapie "ebay" headlights that even a non-tuner can recognize, and they don't throw glare all over the place like HIDs in stock halogen housings. They're clean, subtle, perfect-fitting, and functional. Exactly how every bit of a car should be!

Comment

this is what i have been working on

morimoto mini D2S version in usdm housing and also working on some FX-R's in some jdm one-piecers

''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
        this is what i have been working on

morimoto mini D2S version in usdm housing and also working on some FX-R's in some jdm one-piecers

Excuse me sir, but would you be kind enough to show some pics of the FX-R's in your Jdm one piece when finished? I very curious on complication of that specific retrofit in Jdm one piece headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_ACCORD773
          I Had Projectors And They Sucked Big Balls Now I Have Stock Housing With Hids N I Can See Like 4 Blocks Down The Road
          do you know what type of projectors they were.

the reason i ask is b/c most projector headlight assemblies that are just bought do not compare to a quality projector retrofitted into a original housing

plus you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I have 6k HID's with slim ballasts of low beams, and stock halogens for my high beams in the stock housings. I've gotten them pretty dialed in so that the light isn't everywhere.
            '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
            '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
            '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

I just buy a conversion kit, I got stock headlights and rocking 12k hade them in for a year now

Comment

I think people forget that stock housings were never meant for HID's. I personally hate people that just put HID's in their car and not realize that they are now blinding every single person that is coming towards them. HID's are meant to be put in housings that are designed for focused lighting like a projector housing, or in a reflector housing that has been designed for an HID bulb like those seen in the older acura TL's.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

There is a Store that sells complete retrofit kits with projectors, ballasts, and bulbs. The sell Morimoto mini 2ds kit that is equivlent if not better than Acura tl projectors. The Retrofit source is the name of the store. it's worth looking into if you are really interested.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                  MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

retrofit source and ddm tuning are your new friends...

Comment

I'm running 6000K O-NEX slim ballast brand for $60. They work great, my wifes car (v6 coupe) has had them for over 2 years with no problems.
                      1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
                        I'm running 6000K O-NEX slim ballast brand for $60. They work great, my wifes car (v6 coupe) has had them for over 2 years with no problems.
                        except for the fact that everyone else on the road has to deal with scattered light in their eyes
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                        X