Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

If I shut the car off after it's warm it won't start for 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I shut the car off after it's warm it won't start for 10 minutes

So I tried searching for an answer on this and I couldn't find someone with this particular problem. After my car gets to operating temperature and I shut it off when I go to start it it acts like it's going to start and then bogs out. I will try and start it every couple minutes for 10 to 15 minutes and then finally it'll start and run like nothing's wrong. It used to only happen every once in awhile but now it's every time I shut it off after it's warmed up it just won't start. From my research so far I've come to believe that it's the thermostat temperature switch. Does anyone have any input for me? Thank you ahead of time.

I would check these semi-easy to replace parts..

-Spark Plugs
    -Fuel Filter
    -PCV Valve
    -Clogged Cat
    -Spark Plug Wires

Also check your main relay and fuel pump, if not, you may be right about the switch.

just my .02

Comment

Sounds like a main relay issue.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Has happened to me in all of my cb7s. And my gf's cb7. Main Relay is the problem, I just order a new one for $15 and it fixes it every time. Kind of a pain in the neck to get to, but manageable with patience

Comment

Next time give it some throttle and see if it starts.

Sounds like a CTS problem, but could be anything really. Got a CEL?

Comment

Ignition control module in the distributor is another item that causes starting problems when the engine is hot.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Nine-Dee 2.2 View Post
              I would check these semi-easy to replace parts..

-Spark Plugs
              -Fuel Filter
              -PCV Valve
              -Clogged Cat
              -Spark Plug Wires

Also check your main relay and fuel pump, if not, you may be right about the switch.

just my .02
              I've changed everything that you listed. I also purchased a main relay to give that a try. I can here it activate when I turn the key to on position before starting it. I'm going to change out the main relay regardless though. Thank you for your .02.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Next time give it some throttle and see if it starts.

Sounds like a CTS problem, but could be anything really. Got a CEL?
                I do give it throttle. All the way to the floor and it just bogs out. It's never done this when I initially start the car. Only after its warmed up. No CEL at all. But I'll make sure to check again in case I overlooked it due to frustration.
                Last edited by 93hellastocklx; 10-23-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  Ignition control module in the distributor is another item that causes starting problems when the engine is hot.
                  Thank you for giving me another possibility. I'm going to replace the ignition control module as well now. Just to avoid having to deal with it in the future if it's not the culprit for this specific issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 93hellastocklx View Post
                    Thank you for giving me another possibility. I'm going to replace the ignition control module as well now. Just to avoid having to deal with it in the future if it's not the culprit for this specific issue.
                    I would also check your compression if your car has over 150k. ICM sounds like that would be it.

I actually need to get around to checking my Main Relay. I don't hear it sometimes but it always starts up fine. A crank or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_eats_rice View Post
                      Has happened to me in all of my cb7s. And my gf's cb7. Main Relay is the problem, I just order a new one for $15 and it fixes it every time. Kind of a pain in the neck to get to, but manageable with patience
                      This. You can pretty easily unclip the old one and clip a new one in at the wires. They are hard to remove though.
                      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by Nine-Dee 2.2 View Post
                        I would also check your compression if your car has over 150k. ICM sounds like that would be it.

I actually need to get around to checking my Main Relay. I don't hear it sometimes but it always starts up fine. A crank or 2.
                        I haven't actually done a compression test. When me and a friend that has had a bunch of cb7's were turning the engine over manually he said he's never heard or felt a f22 with compression as good as mine. I know that doesn't necessarily I mean the compression is good but the motor is strong. And it looks like it's been replaced or at least has been rebuilt. I had an old build thread on here and I can't get back on it for some reason but I will post pics of the way everything looks on the car. It's almost like it's brand new. Like I said though it looks aren't everything. I will do a compression test just to know for sure that is a good idea. Thank you

Comment

Next time you get yourself into this situation turn the key to 2, but don't start so the car goes through it's normal sequence (warning lights on and off, etc). You should hear a click when the CEL shuts off. If you don't hear the click, the car wont' start and your main relay is bad.

If you hear the click, your main relay is good and the problem is somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
                            Sounds like a main relay issue.
                            Originally posted by alex_eats_rice View Post
                            Most likely this.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                            X