No announcement yet.

islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Dj! I hope those pics help you. It's so worth it. The mod takes 10min...tops...and it makes your fog-lights more usable.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Its 1/4" chrome! Soooo anything else in store?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Nice. Thx for the info, Alex.

Cleaned up my baby, re-aligned the hood and put the GTS deflector on.

Tomorrow i'll be installing my new CAI and relocating the battery to the trunk.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Alright, the deflector is now growing on me and awwwwww I still love your dog!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

lol, yeah, im not in love with the deflector... but it serves a purpose and, IMO, it looks great.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Yup protect yo hood'

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

just fiddling with my lights...

Really need to get some better bulbs for the BB6 fogs...they're dim at best. I was considering just throwing in an HID kit, but i'd be using them quite a bit as running lights and i wouldn't want to be a huge hypocrite and blind people with yellow HID goodness in a reflector housing...

So that brings me back to an idea i had a while back...retrofitting morimoto matchbox mini projectors into the fogs. These would be waaay easier than CB7 fogs since the lenses are clear and they are just deep enough to accept the matchbox minis with no cutting.

Ive priced it all out and im looking at about $200 to get this done right...

worth it?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

your the one that beat me on the CAI lol. good pick up on it bro and this thing is looking great.

cant wait for that new retro. you should def do it.

Comment

lol, yeah. Sorry bub. i had been working a deal with him for about a week. I'm trying to create a charge box for the filter so it performs at its best and stays safe from most of the elements.

And thanks for the compliments. I'm pretty satisfied with how it sits right now...i just want more power. So i might hold off on aesthetics for quite some time until i have the dinero saved up for a swap or boost build.

I'd like to retrofit the fogs just for the hell of it, but it's kind of an expensive experiment. I think i'll hold off till next year. If i don't have a new motor or turbo parts by then, i'll probably just do it so i can use them in the winter...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I too am trying to make a charge box...was thinking of trying one of those squarish ice cream tubs as a starting point and going from there (for the shape and layout not the actual material lol) lmk how yours goes
                      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I was thinking about using the resonator box (under the right fender, behind the bumper) as a starting point, since it fits the space perfectly, and either cutting it open and modifying it, or using it for a fiberglass mold and making a custom one...

Don't know yet. Still have to cut a hole for the CAI and get that all sorted. Then i'll worry about the charge-box.

I'll keep you posted.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Yeah I need to cut as well...for the short ram portion though I'm trying to make something to keep all the hot air out and draw in air from the fender
                          1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                          2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Sexy doesn't even start to describe.

Comment

Fuuuuqqqqqqqqqqqqq front end it lookin seeeesssssssyyyyyyyyyyyy! Keep up the good work. I vote Boost!!!

Comment

If you gots the monies retro fogs would be sick. I say worth it.

Been meaning to ask you. Hows the cf hood without any pins? And how do you close it? Like set it down then push it till it clicks all the way closed? Or drop it closed?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X