No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after almost a year of trying to hunt down my brake fluid leak, I found out my ABS unit was leaking after I went on a vacation and parked the car for a few days. Went to the junkyard this weekend and grabbed some non-abs lines as well as a 4040 prop valve. Luckily I found both at the same time in the same yard. Hopefully I'll knock out the ABS delete this week/weekend and get some injectors so the car can run at peak performance again.

Comment

Looks great man. Didn't think 18x8.5/9.5s would fit these so well. Keep up the good work.

What kind of numbers are you pulling down?

Comment

I put down 200hp/161tq with the 16" wheels but apparently I've had injector issues for a while so I'm looking forward to the next remap. Plus I got a thermoplastic plenum spacer to eliminate the IAB's with so we will see if that netted any gains.

Comment

Some updates. While diagnosing my issue, I ended up purchasing a thermoplastic IAB delete plate as well as a fuel pressure gauge. Also eliminated ABS and all associated lines due to the ABS line block leaking out a port. Not fun, but at least it's out. The brake fluid took a bit of a toll on the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
            Some updates. While diagnosing my issue, I ended up purchasing a thermoplastic IAB delete plate as well as a fuel pressure gauge. Also eliminated ABS and all associated lines due to the ABS line block leaking out a port. Not fun, but at least it's out. The brake fluid took a bit of a toll on the engine bay.

how long did it take you to delete the abs?! Car is looking good

Comment

It took me about 9 hours, not counting breaks and junkyard time to pull the parts. Getting the old stuff out was probably the harder part. As you can see I just kinda cut most of it out.

Comment

Car is sick man

U should dial in a little negative camber

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Sweet! Did you upgrade your brake lines to stainless steel while you had the whole system apart?

Comment

Thanks gloryaccordy! I'm trying to stay away from too much negative camber. I don't have a kit in the rear yet though. I either need to run a thinner tire (not happening) or camber the rear in just a millimeter or two to prevent rubbing on the fender flares in hard corners. I love trying to see how fast I can get through some of the local twisties.

Excalibur, I made the switch to stainless lines when I did the rotor over hub and legend caliper swap but I was disappointed when I didn't feel a large difference in the pedal. The ABS delete made the brake pedal feel worlds better and I feel more confident in the breaking performance of the car.

Comment

Finally got my car running right again. It feels smoother now than it ever has before. Now to get re-tuned on good injectors...

I found a suitable replacement for my GReddy oil cap (still mad at myself for loosing it).

Additionaly I went ahead and purchased a of rear lower control arms from Cheddas Auto and a Cusco front strut bar, both of which I've been wanting for ages now. I can't wait for them to arrive!

Comment

New numbers:

Also decided to take an engine bay picture for no reason:

Comment

How's your steering feel w/o PS? Do you have the lines looped?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I didn't loop the lines. It's not too bad. I need to go in and remove the diaphragms to make it easier to turn but I don't have issues and she's still my daily driver.

Comment

Swapped out the damaged sedan trunk I had for a spiffy coupe trunk. I've always liked how much better the lines flow on this trunk. I'm unsure if I want to go with a different spoiler or not so I may be wing-less for a little while.

Comment

I finally decided that the flaking wrinkle red has had it. Picked this up from paint today. I'm definitely looking forward to installing it. I may even throw a coat of clear over my plug cover so it doesn't stand out too badly against the fresh paint. Either way a good looking valve cover has been long overdue for this car.

Comment

Working...
                                X