No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took Sally for a drive today. Only issue is the stereo few out while shifting
    She still spins tires in 3rd and 4th no problem. 3rd is the fun gear though. And she always seems to attract others and gets lots of waves!

But she needs another resonator. Still too loud....

Comment

Sally is looking awesome!!!!
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Thanks man! Here's a vid from yesterday when i took bud for a drive. Breaking traction near 6K at 120kph in 3rd.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Well.. on with the show. Today I tackled two things that were bothering me. 1. A dent in the rear chrome trim piece around the back window.
            2. .. Parasitic draw...

1. Let's break shit! I always feared doing this. Ugh.. and ya. These clips are crazy. Go slow...

I don't know what these are or how they get here.

The dent...

= Old

Adding extra support.

Fini

How did you do this?! I need to do this because my weatherstripping is torn bad!!! First time I tried it, shattered the glass on a car at the junkyard. Any recommendations as far as tools???? Help me GURU!!!!
            My coupe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
              How did you do this?! I need to do this because my weatherstripping is torn bad!!! First time I tried it, shattered the glass on a car at the junkyard. Any recommendations as far as tools???? Help me GURU!!!!
              You need to rip one off at the junk yard and examine it. You'll figure out what you need to push on to release the clips. You don't need force to take these off if you do it right. Look at my photo, you can see how you have to release the white clips from the underside of the silver trim...

Comment

You need to rip one off at the junk yard and examine it. You'll figure out what you need to push on to release the clips. You don't need force to take these off if you do it right. Look at my photo, you can see how you have to release the white clips from the underside of the silver trim...
                Thank you wise one!!! I will be trying this today!!!
                My coupe!!!

Comment

Helped a fellow cb7 fella out. (NSCB15)

- re-soldered VTEC wire which broke
                  - fix leaking coolant leak
                  - fixed pcv which I broke while fixing things
                  - fixed signal light on his car
                  - other small fixes

Sally...

Comment

Whenever Its been a while since i've logged onto CB7tuner... this is the first thread I come to. I know I'm always gonna find good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by accordboi77 View Post
                      Whenever Its been a while since i've logged onto CB7tuner... this is the first thread I come to. I know I'm always gonna find good stuff!
                      Aww thanks man! Just when I've been thinking this site is dead.....
                      Last edited by Raf99; 07-03-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

For those curious I've started the migration to youtube for fun. I've always liked helping people and decided videos may help the best way. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/user/eastcoastrifraf

Comment

Subscribed.

The CB7 Discord is a smaller group of people but also pretty active if you are looking for additional CB themed activities.
                          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks man.

Well little news on Sally. I had the relay issue to fix which I turned into a small video which you can find here.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjGjDr6lUw

There was also the fix of the brake lamp light on in the dash. Turned out to be the old 1999 Canadian Tire special / CompuStar alarm causing the issue. So we ripped it out. Here's the vid:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRTIRyVvlKY

I also had to take her in for an inspection sticker, so while there we ....
                            - did an oil change
                            - balanced the tires
                            - adjusted the clutch
                            - added a 18" resonator (yep, that's two now)
                            - use a machine to bleed brakes

Now I must say. I am loving the 2nd resonator install! The 1st one is oval and the 2nd one is just round. Both 3" of course with a magnaflow exhaust.

Ex: Your exhaust is too loud if:
                            - You have to turn up the stereo on the highway
                            - You use a high gear going down hill in a neighborhood bc it's too loud
                            - You use a high gear going up hill for the same reason :P
                            - Your neighbors hate you

Yep, all gone. Best part is that I can now hear more turbo sound too! I'd take a video but now it would just justify the sounds. So ya, went for a drive today to meet a fella and clutch worked great! Brakes awesome, car just ran amazing! Got a lot of looks.

On to the issues..............

- The other week the catch can filled with oil + oil cap off. Not sure on this yet. All I know is 4 weeks ago I checked the oil and it was on low. but it had no leaks and burns no oil. I never have to put oil in Sally. I shrugged it off to a hot summer and hard on the car. Next week I forgot to tighten the oil cap after putting oil in it and next drive it had the oil leak. But also noticed the oil catch can was full of oil it seemed.... Sure enough it was full. That's where the oil went I thought.

Emptied the catch can and cleaned up the whole mess. Looked into this and spoke to some folks about it and all agree it kind of makes no sense. If the rings were fubar then I'd see smoke come out of the block and many other symptoms. Did a cold dry compression test and got 100 / 120 / 100 / 120. Took it for a long drive today and will check the catch can tomorrow. If there's more than a cup of oil in there we have a problem. But she ran amazing today! The more I think about it, I think it's a combo of the engine producing more blow by than previous years + a hot summer + me never checking the oil. When you crank on 420HP every trip out, things wear out.

Vibration in the steering wheel. = i had the tires balanced and same issue is present. Not sure why it's there, seems to go away at different speeds. Thinking it's just a matter of "too much stiff". Not too worried about this.

PS - is turning blue. Needs a cooler put back on. Meh, not too worried. Think if I had an OEM PS pump it could handle the heat.

........... Not sure what else to say. Love Sally!

Comment

Look for a trim removal tool at your local auto parts store; it is a flat metal hook that allows you to slip it under the trim and reach the back side of the clip where it grabs the under edge of the trim.

The clips slide sideways over the stud on the body, then the tang pops up to keep it from moving back. They can be removed by depressing the tang, then sliding the clip sideways.
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Turning blue? The reservoir is hot enough to turn blue or do you mean the fluid itself?
                                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                                X