No announcement yet.

Luxury Sedan options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about the RL, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

My searching has revealed it's a wee difficult to find a 2010-2011 Town Car in decent shape, even within 500 miles of my location.

Don't laugh, but I did look into the Toyota Avalon. Most people say it's very quite, but the year range I'm looking into was known for a rougher ride. However, Toyota updated the part numbers for a few years later, and it's a direct swap. And the Avalon could be had with adaptive cruise control.

Comment

IMO Lexus/Toyota is the move here. The Avalon is a really nice car, it's like a Lexus that Toyota forgot to put the right badge on.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I had a reply typed. I just must’ve forgotten to actually post it.

The Avalon is practically a Lexus ES. You could probably swap over Lexus parts to make it even nicer. Though you could also just buy an ES.

I feel the same way about the RL. I liked it when it was new, but it’s become almost as bland looking as its predecessors. That car hasn’t appealed to me since it was called the Legend here. Though I do like the RLX Sport Hybrid a bit... nearly 400hp, awd, but fairly nondescript (especially the pre-facelift models, which is what >$20,000 will get you.)

Comment

Have you considered a Cadillac XTS?

These are pretty spacious inside and also pretty luxuriously appointed. Because its a Cadillac the residual value is nil and even the AWD 400HP V-Sport model can be found around the 20k mark. The only real downside is that it has the CUE interface which can be an acquired taste.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

The XTS is pretty nice. I looked into those myself, though I didn’t find any in my area that were cheap enough.

They’re related to the Impala, Lacrosse, and the final 9-5 (which I think is a beautiful car.)

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              IMO Lexus/Toyota is the move here. The Avalon is a really nice car, it's like a Lexus that Toyota forgot to put the right badge on.
              That's what I'm discovering about the Avalon; great car w/ lots of features.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I had a reply typed. I just must’ve forgotten to actually post it.

The Avalon is practically a Lexus ES. You could probably swap over Lexus parts to make it even nicer. Though you could also just buy an ES.

I feel the same way about the RL. I liked it when it was new, but it’s become almost as bland looking as its predecessors. That car hasn’t appealed to me since it was called the Legend here. Though I do like the RLX Sport Hybrid a bit... nearly 400hp, awd, but fairly nondescript (especially the pre-facelift models, which is what >$20,000 will get you.)
              I've started to look into the ES350 a bit to see what I can come up with. I do like the styling, but Avalon is a better value as you can get more tech and features for less money.

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
              Have you considered a Cadillac XTS?

These are pretty spacious inside and also pretty luxuriously appointed. Because its a Cadillac the residual value is nil and even the AWD 400HP V-Sport model can be found around the 20k mark. The only real downside is that it has the CUE interface which can be an acquired taste.
              Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              The XTS is pretty nice. I looked into those myself, though I didn’t find any in my area that were cheap enough.

They’re related to the Impala, Lacrosse, and the final 9-5 (which I think is a beautiful car.)
              Here's the thing about the XTS; how reliable is the 3.6 that came in it? I've heard that engine/transmission combo is not very reliable (unless they fixed things later on) and isn't too DIY friendly. It does look great though! Anyone have any first hand experience on the XTS?

Comment

Working...
              X