Will 5th gen sway work on 4th gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 5th gen sway work on 4th gen?

i know that many aftermarket companies sell the same kits for 90-97 accords. but i wonder, is the stock 5th gen accords swaybar bigger in the front than our 4th gens? if so, then finding it at a junkyard and swapping it on would be a good benifit for our accords?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

for 5th gens:

lx and dx = 22mm

ex = 27 mm
    For Sale:
    itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
    tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

what is oem 4th gen?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

94-97 Front Sway Bar Question - Budget upgrade?

If memory serves me correctly, the sway bars from 90-97 are interchangable, correct?

If that's the case, I may have a budget upgrade for us 90-93 guys. According to my trusty 1994 issue of Car and Driver featuring the then 1994 Accord LX, apparently the EX front sway bar was a 22 mm piece, compared to the 17 mm piece of the LX. Would that mean that chances are that our front sway bars on the 90-93 is most likely a 17 mm or comparable piece? I know that most people just replace the rear bar with an aftermarket piece such as a S/T, Progress, or Intrax and ignore the front bar. I know there's debate of whether you should change the front bar or not. I just found this to be something worth discussing.

Comment

The S/T front Sway is like 27mm, and you say the CD5 is 22mm, so on paper it looks real good!
          I kno the 94-97 Accord share the same suspension setup as the 4G.
          The only thing i would look at is the mounting points of the Sway Bar.
          I want to see if they bolt up, i guess it doesnt hurt to try...

Comment

Well, my logic is that chances are its bigger than the stock CB piece...and that being said I'm sure you could find someone who upgraded their front CD bar to sell you theirs really cheap.

Its just a thought. I've seen pros and cons of using a bigger front bar, but I figured it was just something I was reading today and that proverbial light bulb went off.

Comment

ummm . . . if i get motivated enough tommorow ill go measure the length between the mounting points of my CD5's bar, and someone who cares enough with a CB7 can measure the distance between the mounting points on thier car, and we can see. im sure it wouldnt be a problem, the front suspension is almost exactly the same . . . deev said something about the upper A arms being different once, but that doesnt really matter since were talking about a sway bar, not a upper A arm.
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

swaybars from all 90-97 models should fit however for 5th gens:

lx = 22mm bar
                ex = 27mm bar (same as s/t but s/t is solid)

unless there were changes made between 94&95 vs. 96&97
                For Sale:

Comment

of course it will fit, thats why they sell the S/T kit for 90-97 you can even use the 1st gen cl.(2.3) they have a 27mm. the suspension from a 90-97 and cl 2.3 are all the same. front and rear

Comment

its a good thing you guys got confirmation from someone . . . i slept past my alarm today and had to rush to leave to get back to school on time so i didnt have time to stop and measure . . .
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Our front sway bars are 25mm diameter.

Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by azian21485
                        lx = 22mm bar
                        ex = 27mm bar (same as s/t but s/t is solid)
                        ding ding ding! best thing said. why replace a hollow bar (stock), with a hollow bar? you want i understand that the diameter may be a bit larger, but a hollow bar isn't really much of an "upgrade".

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                          ding ding ding! best thing said. why replace a hollow bar (stock), with a hollow bar? you want i understand that the diameter may be a bit larger, but a hollow bar isn't really much of an "upgrade".
                          Well, it wasn't like I was running out to change it tomorrow...it was just something I ran across while reading some old magazines, and I just figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had any input.

I mean if I had one just laying around I'd probably throw it on, because it can't hurt...but I wasn't gonna go to Honda tomorrow to order one or anything. I don't even have a rear sway bar yet, let alone messing with my front one.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                            a hollow bar will provide the same performance as a solid bar, but the solid bar will weigh more and cost less to make
                            For Sale:

Comment

So just to clarify the Ex from a 94+ provides a befenift of 2mm thickness, which we assume to be an increase stiffness. And given the fact that its the same diameter as the suspension techniques brand but hollow, doesn't that make the 94+ EX bar "much more better"? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X