No announcement yet.

short block replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The freaking verdict is in. Just got consulting with a very credible source, whom told me I will not be able to smog the my car with F22A6 by legitimate means in California. So not being street legal issue would come into play?

Comment

Hmm I've been watching your post. I'd say you would still be legal just switching the block even the whole engine. As the F22A1-A4-A6 all were original engines of these cars just different models to match different trim styles I myself think you would be good at SMOG.

Because yours is a 1992 if you don't have a LX sign on your trunk lid just tell the smog tech its a EX LOL well I honestly don't think its gonna matter its not like your putting in a engine that wasn't stock to the cb7's
      Last edited by Kev1990; 07-29-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks Kev, ur a guru. Im was busting my nuts last night loosing my precious sleep over this. I live in a tree hugging California, & its becoming more & more like a Nazi state. I like our way of thinking, Im gonna have say "YES" to all to the above. I got one of my own to tell the douchebag smog technician, "that's the way I purchased the care.
        This is a no brainer, gonna get A6

Comment

short blocks are a PITA to work with on the car .. unless you have the necessary gear which I think you do

Comment

Im back, put this job on the back bunner, but im at least gonna get the short block from the JK this weekend. Keep you guys posted.

Comment

what advantage do short blocks have ?! aren't they better for city driving rather than highways ?

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
                what advantage do short blocks have ?! aren't they better for city driving rather than highways ?
                A short block is a block without the head. A long block is a block with the head.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  A short block is a block without the head. A long block is a block with the head.
                  Oh, he's buying only the block so he refers to it as short block ?! ...I thought it had shorter cylinders. I was confused my bad.

Comment

Yup! So that is were I am at. If I get the cam from the A6, do I get the springs also?

Need a clarification here, can i keep my a1 intake & slap it on the a6?
                    Last edited by Jarrett; 08-17-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

yeah you can use your a1 manifold on the a6 head.
                      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Kewel!, Anyone have a list in its entirely of f22a6 engines that could be found in cars as stock oem eningies?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
                          Oh, he's buying only the block so he refers to it as short block ?! ...I thought it had shorter cylinders. I was confused my bad.
                          You are not alone, I always thought a short block was block and head, nothing else. While a long block had intake manifold, distributor ect.
                          Edit.. Looked it up and want to delete this post, but I will wear the dummy hat. Some of my earlier post are based on my misinformed prior knowledge.
                          Last edited by cb7 calling; 08-13-2015, 09:42 PM.
                          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Any newer generation accord with the f22a6 engines i could possibly yank from?

Comment

just to share my experience, I burned my original F22A4 engine when I first bought my cb7 (long story). So my dad went ahead and bought an engine which they told him it was the same, later on I found out from the forum that it was an F22a6 cause it had an oil cooler.

back then I asked the mechanic who replaced the engine to put my original IM and Exhaust from my late F22A4 ( well I wanted a memory of that engine )

The point here, is that later on when I wanted to replace the IM gasket, I had to make it by hand ( difficult I know ) but that's because I found out there's a slight difference in size between the runners of the IM (f22a4) and the mating IM entries of the f22a6 head.

so take the time to observe the parts before installing them.

Comment

EsperHamid, Thanks its that kind of detail im looking for. Anyone, have that list of compatible cars that have the f222a6?

Swapping in a f22a6
                                f22a1 parts: to be slap on the f22a6:
                                (IM), (EM), cylinder head, water bump & timing belt (installed last May)

f22a6 parts: short block, cam & valve springs.

So if Im keeping my f22a1 (IM), exhaust, and Cylinder head, what gastkets do I order, or do I simply get the F22a6 (IM) with the black box? Do I get the f22a4 exhaust? Im planing on getting the f22a6 cam & valve springs.
                                Last edited by Jarrett; 08-17-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X