Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 93 LX coupe. Could be a vacuum leak, clogged up EGR, but i bet this doesn't hel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 93 LX coupe. Could be a vacuum leak, clogged up EGR, but i bet this doesn't hel

I bought this car a few days ago with the intent of making it my daily driver. Im excited about the project. It was a bit of a perilous 70 mile drive back home owing to what i assumed was an exhaust leak. I mean, i suppose it is as the previous owner pulled the cat out. Im not sure if the ECU needed any kind of update for that. I plan to put one in as i dont really want this car to be much more than a whisper loud. Anyway. Ive started going through it to chase things down. Pulled off the IACV and found half of one of the gaskets remaining and a bit of blue silicone in its place. I feel like that couldn't have helped. You guys got any thoughts on what else to look for? It struggles to idle when warm though it starts up strong. Running it down the highway is and adventure because the acceleration isnt there. You apply the gas and it bogs down till you kinda find a happy spot in the throttle. Then it kinda maintains. I had to downshift to keep RPMs up when going at an incline, and relied on down hill runs to accelerate much at all. At any range of RPMs, it was still tempermental. Going to that sweet spot in the throttle to maintain. If you gave it gas, it would cough, sputter, beller and snort till you backed off to that position that it found unobjectionable. So crawling up an incline at 60 mph on a highway in D3 at 4000 rpm was similar to going a lil north of 70 in D4 at a decline at about 3000 rpm. Starting from a dead stop was a chore. Shifted all the way down into 1st and coaxing forward motion was kinda like begging a kiss off an angry spouse... It felt awfully uncertain.

Thanks for your insight and help.

Sincerely,

brock

So, I ordered and aftermarket IACV because the one I removed had a quarter of the gasket remaining, and there was plenty of blue silicone redneck gasket sorta where it should be and partially where it shouldn't be (on the mesh screen.). I got it in my head that I should clean the egr ports because this still had the origninal brass plugs in the ports and the car has 301k miles on it. Moved the fuel rail out of the way, and saw some serious black sludge around the injectors.

Comment

also, I got the EGR port replacement plugs of 83 cents apiece at a local Honda dealer. Glad I called around.

Comment

Working...
      X