H22 Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Intake

Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right spot to post this question just let me know. I did an H22 swap, and in the process ended up setting up a short ram intake with a pod filter but I hate it. I don't care about sounds or looks, I just don't like my filter being so exposed. I have read a lot of differing things about factory airboxes with the swap and just want to get a definitive answer on what most people do. If I keep my stock accord box and change the piping to fit the larger throttle body am I going to be choking out my engine? Do I need to find a prelude box? If anyone has any advice on this it will be appreciated. Thanks, John

It’s a tight fit, but I used my stock CB7 air intake box and tube on the stock H22 tb for awhile. Then I upgraded to a bigger H22 Tb and BB4 AEM intake.
    I’ve seen a few people use the BB6 stock air box and tube but I think you might have to relocate the battery

Comment

Yeah, I think the airbox from the Preludes and the CD Accord fore/aft. You would have to turn the battery to make it work. Maybe you could mate the cold air tube with the CB airbox?
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Another option is the universal K&N Apollo, attached to whatever cheap or custom ~70mm ram air intake pipe for your car. The cone is enclosed, so you still get the pressure buildup at the filter like factory, and the flexi-hose (the pleats inside are small and tight, so it's pretty smooth in there for what it is) can be routed to receive air from wherever you want.

https://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm

Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-05-2019, 11:26 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That Apollo looks cool but I think I am gonna try some of my other options before dropping the money for that. I know I don’t want to relocate my battery to the trunk but I would be ok with a rotation. If I can find a prelude in a junkyard near me I will grab the airbox and see what I can do with it, but I don’t see many preludes around me so I think for now I am going to try to run 3 inches into my accord airbox and cut out the other side to route more air in from somewhere. It’s funny right before I read your post SSM I was looking at my current intake thinking, that would probably sit right next to my stock airbox, maybe I could use that, haha. But if not I saw a video a couple years ago about a guy making his own carbon fiber intake tube and it seemed like a fun weekend project, might try to mock something up to mate to my airbox. Thanks for the responses I really was just kind of making sure I wasn’t missing some big obvious intake solution that everyone does during the swap but it seems like everyone either throws an Sri or ca on or figures it out with an airbox haha, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X