Sordz : 2013 Nissan Juke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sordz : 2013 Nissan Juke

Picked up a 2013 Nissan Juke in pearl white and FWD. The wife didn't like the Honda CR-V anymore and wanted something new. Little did she know that the juke is turbo and will be modded

The CVT one speed transmission is nice for boost because there is never a drop off because there is no shifting. Yes I know its different looking, it has really grown on me and I actually like the Juke looks now.

Mods so far-

ENGINE-
    Injen black short ram intake

EXTERIOR-
    Factory/dealer added chrome package(mirrors, lower door moldings, door handles, rear gate molding, exhaust tip)
    35% ceramic window tint

INTERIOR-
    Nissan add on arm rest(lame it doesn't come stock)

FUTURE MODS-
    Have a boost controller and boost gauge waiting to be installed
    19" wheels
    Coilovers

Cell phone pic with wild cats lol

More pictures to come...
    Last edited by Sordz; 07-04-2013, 05:34 PM.

The only reason you got the car was due to it being a turbo? Or you genuinely liked the car? As a person and as a sales consultant I never understood how these cars sell. I think it's that "I just want to be different" moniker.

Not to talk ish but if you really wanted a turbo did you take a look at the Volkswagen Tiguan? Alot more support for that engine since it uses the GTI motor. It makes 200/207 and with the APR Chip 255/289. Just my .02 .
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      The only reason you got the car was due to it being a turbo? Or you genuinely liked the car? As a person and as a sales consultant I never understood how these cars sell. I think it's that "I just want to be different" moniker.

Not to talk ish but if you really wanted a turbo did you take a look at the Volkswagen Tiguan? Alot more support for that engine since it uses the GTI motor. It makes 200/207 and with the APR Chip 255/289. Just my .02 .
      No sorry thats not the reason at all, I already have a turbo accord and a 04 civic to drive. The wife just liked the juke and it is a nice fun car/suv. I am not a fan of german cars, plus the juke is faster and cheaper than the Tiguan(stock). Plus much better gas mileage. I am sure the VW is more luxurious though.

Comment

By the time 2020+ when there are enough R35s crashed or retired, I'll get a Juke if a JDM company makes a drop in motor mounts. I know it's not as simple as just a mount kit but I can only dream since this car is probably one of those concepts that will never see the light of day at a dealership like the Civic Dominator.
        Last edited by Warudakumi; 07-04-2013, 06:16 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Although not at every dealer you can order a Juke-R, but its $600,000 lol.

More realistic they did just release a Nismo Juke, and also might be releasing a Nismo RS model.

Comment

Looks good. I like the future plans. I've never seen one modified.
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
              Although not at every dealer you can order a Juke-R, but its $600,000 lol.

More realistic they did just release a Nismo Juke, and also might be releasing a Nismo RS model.
              Oh really? I didn't know that..... or is this one of those non Nissan approved tuner shops creating their own? Me I'd rather have 4 to 5 R35s than just one Juke-R. Hell if this is one of those custom things, I'd rather have the engine shoehorned into a 370Z or G37 instead. Or hehe how about a Cube-R :P

Last edited by Warudakumi; 07-05-2013, 02:30 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
              JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
              1994 Prelude V-Tec
              1999 CL 3.0
              2000 Prelude
              2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
              1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
              1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
              1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Nice choice. I had an opportunity to autocross the Juke Nismo AWD and that thing was an absolute blast!

And check out GTM for a Stg 3 upgrade
                http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...cat=258&page=1
                Last edited by Boost_Lee; 07-05-2013, 03:41 AM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Boost_Lee- I was thinking about that turbo upgrade lol, I guess they are still working out the bugs with actually being able to tune the juke so I am going to wait and see what happens.

Warudakumi- Personally I would much rather have a r35 and mod it, or swap the motor into a 370z like you said but Wikipedia says this about the Juke-R "Nissan has recently announced a total of 21 Juke-Rs will be produced with the 2013 GT-R's running gear and performance stats"

Comment

When I first saw this car I remember thinking there's no way to make that thing look good. When they did the Juke R I ate my words.

Not a car I would own but best of luck to you with it.

I'm actually grabbing a Subaru XV crosstrek later on today. No turbo but also a tiny SUV type of deal.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
                      When I first saw this car I remember thinking there's no way to make that thing look good. When they did the Juke R I ate my words.

Not a car I would own but best of luck to you with it.

I'm actually grabbing a Subaru XV crosstrek later on today. No turbo but also a tiny SUV type of deal.
                      Thanks. Good luck with the new XV, should be really nice! AWD is a plus, I probably should have got a AWD juke but I have been living in Miami the last 3 years and there's no need here.

Comment

look on youtube for vids of a Juke-R vs a Bugatti. You'll be surprised by the results.

Comment

I have a love/hate with these things. Sometimes I see one and I'm like "that's kinda funky cool" and other times I'm repulsed by the sight of it. I work right across the street from a Nissan dealer, so I see them all the time.

My GF absolutely loves them and wants one.

Personally, I think yours looks pretty sharp in white, and I have to admit, I do love the centre consoles in them.

Comment

Holy shit you have a cat infestation!

These are fun crossovers to drive, they look silly, but are very well balanced.

Comment

No no no, the Juke is just a pussy magnet.

Comment

Working...
                              X