Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

honda mtf in 92 accord ex??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda mtf in 92 accord ex??

i have a 92 accord ex MT. Im going to replace my front right drive axle and before i do i wanted to know if its really ok to replace my old tranny oil with Honda MTF.

I don't see why not.

Id encouage you to change it.

DONT FLUSH THE TRANNY!!!!

Just drain and refil. You can get a new washer, and make sure you clean off the plug as it's magnetized and has metal shavings iirc.

Comment

By plug you do mean drain bolt and filler bolt?

Comment

That's what he means. If you are replacing an axle, it would also be a good opportunity to replace the axle seal in the transmission.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

ok thanks guys. i will let you all know how it turns out..

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            DONT FLUSH THE TRANNY!!!!

Just drain and refil. You can get a new washer, and make sure you clean off the plug as it's magnetized and has metal shavings iirc.
            You know he was reffering to a Manual trans aye?

To the OP - Honda MTF is fine to use.
            If you don't know when it was last changed you may as well drain the whole lot and refill with Honda MTF.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

OEM parts and fluids.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                You know he was reffering to a Manual trans aye?

To the OP - Honda MTF is fine to use.
                If you don't know when it was last changed you may as well drain the whole lot and refill with Honda MTF.
                Ya I did, do they not have the magnetized plug?

I couldn't remember if that was only auto's.

If not did I give bad advice?!?!? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Ya I did, do they not have the magnetized plug?

I couldn't remember if that was only auto's.

If not did I give bad advice?!?!? LOL
                  No bad advice; I was more wondering why you said, "DO NOT FLUSH THE TRANNY!!!"

It a manual trans.
                  #1 - I've NEVER heard of flushing a Manual.
                  #2 - There is NO reason why flushing a Manual would be an issue.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

GM Synchromesh is also frequently used with good results. I use it myself.
                    Either way, quality fresh fluid is the best way to keep your transmission healthy. Too many people neglect their transmission fluid.

Comment

with the honda mt is it safe to run slick 50 in it?
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Slick 50 is an additive, right? You should never add anything to your transmission fluid. (or your engine oil for that matter.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Slick 50 is an additive, right? You should never add anything to your transmission fluid. (or your engine oil for that matter.)
                          Good advice. The only time i would try an additive is for a trans to limp it to where i can work on addressing the problem.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Right. And at that point, the trans is probably shot anyway.
                            I'll put anything into a failing engine or transmission if it'll get me home without a towtruck!

Comment

I know its been beat to death, but I believe your driving style and what you do with the car has alot to do with which lube you should use in the trans.

I race my car regularly, i run 10w-30. If its a grocery getter, you should def go with syncromesh or mtf. A lil of both, use a quart of mtf and a quart of 10w-30.

I change my trans oil regularly and have had zero issues reliability wise. I does make it hard to put in low gear, 1 and 2, when cold. Half and half is a good comprimise if youre not drag racing a few weekends a month without changing the fluid out.

Comment

Working...
                              X