No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This car is the forum's car. How many people have had a hand in building it so far?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      This car is the forum's car. How many people have had a hand in building it so far?
      the forum's car, I like that.

As far as custom parts and other purchased parts from members, there are 5 members involved that I can think of off the top of my head.

If I include those who have helped me with finding the right parts and building the car, there are at least 8 more.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

So Long Street Car!

I took the last drive this car will ever take on the road Sunday. It was a wonderful hour or sight seeing in Santa Cruz.

I take where I live for granted. I need to stop doing that.

I took another 0-90mph pull to compare it to the first one, which was done a year ago, before any head work, IM swap, fuel upgrades, or tune.

Old:

New:

2nd and 3rd gear shift points should have been switched, but oh well.

The car went under the knife that night. Let the winter build to finish stage 2 begin!

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

i'm a little sad too hear its not going to be street driven anymore, hopefully this means your going to ramp up your drag build now.
          CB7TUNER.com
          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

"Winter" in California.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              "Winter" in California.
              It's like winter in Texas.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Only drier.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                  i'm a little sad too hear its not going to be street driven anymore, hopefully this means your going to ramp up your drag build now.
                  I do WISH it could be driven on the street legally, but it's just too much of a risk in this state, as we saw with Ant a little while back. I am also quite tempted to be stupid when I know it's running healthy.

OOOOooooh, yes. The drag build is ramping WAAAAAAY up this off-season.

As far as the weather goes, we actually had two non-consecutive days of rain last week! YES!!! It wasn't much, but it makes the first rain of the season!

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I never thought this would happen, but...

Methinks that ESP is slowly coming back. He has another group buy set up on another chassis.

Oh, and I caved. I cannot go without driving this car all winter! I am going to re-register this car for public roads over the Christmas break.

Something really interesting happened during the drive.

My left turn signal has been out for months, and sometimes it triggers the speedo to short out as well when I flip the signal switch to the left. I would physically tug on the driver's side right harness until the front lights came back on and be done with it, which doesn't really deal with the problem source, obviously. Well, I have launch control set up for under 10mph. The speedo wasn't working at all during my "secret" night drive, and so I could never get above 3800 rpms. Eventually, the ECU threw the VSS CEL and the idle increased a few hundred RPMs. I went back to my old wire tugging fix, but accidentally touched the signal relay instead. What do you know, the turn signal relay was not actually grounded well! Once I tightened down that relay ground, there were no more issues related to speedo, idle, or turn signal whatsoever. However, haha, the story does not end there! The ECU had not been reset, so I go back out to find the 3800 rpm limit at all speeds still! Resetting the ECU fixed that all, thankfully.

CHECK YOUR GROUNDS!

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Nice! You'll like it, but expect to hear a lot more suspension noise from adding that bar.

Comment

we need to hook up. I wanna compare your performance to mine before your stage 2. I'm hoping we have some dry time in the near future to do so. Looks like your solid.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          Nice! You'll like it, but expect to hear a lot more suspension noise from adding that bar.
                          That, I can handle no problem. If I know it is more solid, then I can handle the extra noise

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                          we need to hook up. I wanna compare your performance to mine before your stage 2. I'm hoping we have some dry time in the near future to do so. Looks like your solid.
                          YES, we do. Seriously, we live within probably 45 minutes of each other. The stage 2, the supporting mods on the intake and exhaust sides, even if they are not optimized, and the Blacktrax tune really transformed the power band of this car.

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Really enjoyed going through this mrt, motivating to watch the car progress, and you improve at the strip. We have similar goals in wanting a competitive cb to drag race. Mine will remain a street car however I'm also planning to use nitrous, i have a zex kit installed on my stock engine as of now. I cant wait to run it on my swap, and see what it puts down. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading through, I wish you lived out here so we could race side by side.

Wait...a Zex kit on stock internals? What size jets and shot are you running on your Xenocron tune?

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Yeah it would be awesome to race a member, compare and contrast the runs.
                                Im running a 21/40 which would be a 75 shot according to zex's jet charts. Im not tuned at all everything is stock except for zex plugs. Its pretty fun as is, and holding up ( the stock clutch is slipping a bit)ive gone through one 10lb bottle thus far. I plan on a tuned bigger shot on the h23 when its all buttoned up n/a.

Comment

Working...
                                X