Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OEM ATF Z1 Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM ATF Z1 Gone?

I went to the Honda dealer yesterday looking for some ATF for my wagon and found out they don't have the regular ATF anymore (ATF Z1). It's replaced by a "low viscosity" DW1 Synthetic oil now. You can't even get the Z1 formula anymore. They said they weren't sure if it was 100% compatible but they also said the only fluid I can use for my tranny is OEM Honda tranny fluid especially for automatic which is true. But this is synthetic meaning not as thick.

You guys have probably had this problem, what's up?
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Not as thick doesn't mean it's bad. The synthetic formula probably lubricates better.

Comment

on the manual it says that dexron is also compatable with your transmission. i know kragen or whatever its called now sells valvoline dexron 4 synthetic, which is what i use for my trans, but since youve used atf-z1 up to now, idk if it might have a negative effect on the trans. you can also try royal purple, it says on the back of the label that it is compatable where atf-z1 is required. i posted the link down below for royal purple.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2136&ppt=C0207

Comment

Ask honda what they reccomend

When i went in for honda PSF they told me they use BG brand fluid and sold me exactly what they use.

Comment

They seemed to have switched to the DW1 some time last year (atleast the dealer near my place did). It's fully synthetic and so far, I have seen no issues using it. Just last month I did a drain and fill in a 3rd and 4th gen and both shifted nice and smooth. Both were using ZF1 previously.

Comment

DW1 is a better designed lubricant with better detergents in it.
            ATF Z1 wasn't doing as well as it should have been in some scenarios.

I remember when my dealer ship started getting DW1 instead of Z1 as i was working parts at the time. The published an explanation to employees as to exactly why but i dont remember everything it said.

But seeing as DW1 was a designed replacement to Z1, there is no reason not to use it.
            I wouldn't use Dextron though. not really any cheaper and Honda is pretty anal about their stuff.

Comment

i thought dexron was cheaper. this dw1 stuff, how much is it?

Comment

synthetic isnt thinner, it's finer which sounds the same but is different.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Got my tranny fluid changed on Thursday with the new DW-1. You can't really tell any difference. Most people with problems had it in cold tempuratures in the winter. It actually feels like it's shifting smoother with the new ATF. And less noisy. Lets see how it goes, koodos to Honda for making this. Seems all good.
                  Current:
                  2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                  1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                  1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Old thread I know. I just did a drain and fill (so replaced about 35&#37 with the new DW1 and was running Z1 up till then. I did a drain and fill last year and was lucky that my dealer still had a couple of Z1s left.

The new fluid hasn't caused any issues with shifting, but it's noticeably louder. The transmission is now louder than the actual engine. My gf has an 03 Acura and hers runs just as loud. I thought it may be because her fluid is ancient, but now I'm thinking it's the new DW1.

Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                    X