CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2019, 11:57 PM   #241
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Well itís all in and working. Iíve got some fine tuning to do. As it rolls back into the roof it gets slower. I think the rails might be too tight. Also the moonroof glass Needs the rubber seal trimmed some more. The other small problem I have is the drain. The vertical lip on it is too tall and I need to cut it shorter. When the moonroof goes to close then vent it brings the drain up higher to the roof. Thatís where I have a simple clearance issue. Iíll cut some off of it and reinstall it then everything will be complete again. Sorry for the night pics. Itís all I have for now. I wish I could post a video. Itís pretty spectacular.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #242
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Ok hereís a Sunday update for yíall. My one piece headlights are in. All wired up. I got an aftermarket DRL module w/ harness to run the halos and devil eyes. They are set up to stay on for 25 seconds after the car is turned off. They strobe when the hazards are on. The halos and devils will dim when the headlights are turned on. Last the projectors are now hid equipped. I still gotta do all my headlight adjustments for aiming and leveling. They came out so nice. I wish I could take a good pic that isnít hazy from the light output. I want to find some hi/drl bulbs that are closer in color to my halos also.

Here is some day shots of the venting moonroof also. This is probably the best project Iíve built so far. Itís freakin awesome. This is a must for any 4th-5th gen moonroof Accord.

~Mark~
Old 02-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #243
'93CB7Ex
Foundation Member

'93CB7Ex seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to '93CB7Ex
make a diy for the roof
Old 02-03-2019, 11:43 PM   #244
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
So are you making the moonroof slide over the roof, instead of inside it, as it moves backwards? Do you just prefer that look, or what inspired that?

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
MRT | Engine build | Daily RSX
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:05 AM   #245
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

No itís not like a prelude. It just vents. It drops down and slides into the roof like normal to open. Itís fully functional with the added vent feature as of now. But to be really how I want it, it needs the limit switch built in. That way it will slide forward and close as normal and stop there. Only when you hit the close button again it will then vent. It would operate just like the 97-99 Acura CL coupes that have the sliding/venting rails I put in this CB moonroof tray. I still have to take it all apart again and put it all in my CB tray that came out of my car specifically because mine is already custom notched in the front for my TSX map light.
Then I will start moding it for the limit switch. Iím not 100% fully knowledgeable about this limit switch (also from the 1st gen CL) but Iíve got a good idea of how it works. Installing it on the CB Accord cable tubes in the back is another hurdle. Iím definitely sure I can wire it. I will tear out a CL dash from pap to get at the moonroof relays just because I want to see how they are wired. It could be the same as the CB Accord and it might be different. The relays are not in the same spot as the CB either which is on top of the under dash fuse box. I think in CLís itís in the center console. Thereís more work to do for sure.

~Mark~
Old 02-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #246
thepowderblue
CB7tuner Member

thepowderblue seems to have made some friends! thepowderblue seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to thepowderblue
Nice CB , i really like it. The sunroof on my civic vents like that but it has a button in the middle of the switch just for venting, I wonder if you could put something like that on it
thepowderblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #247
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Alright, I must just be mis-remembering the SE my friend had years ago. I thought its sunroof went up before dipping back down to slide into the headliner. My own was a lowly LX, so I don't know...

Old 02-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #248
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Lola being a '93 SE just has the standard moonroof, same as old Lola. There never was a moon roof for the CB7 that ever tipped up / went up other than to seal into place.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #249
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Yes it’s sadly true. No 90-97 Accord model had a “vent” feature. If there was. I wouldn’t have gone through all of this moonroof modding that’s for sure.

~Mark~
Old 02-04-2019, 07:17 PM   #250
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

The switch you choose won’t have much to do with how the moonroof needs to operate. It’s probably easier to wire up a switch that has a separate venting button but you still need a limit switch (which is attached to the cables at the back) to detect where the moonroof glass is and tell it when to stop. Right now my moonroof, when closing from the open position inside the roof, will close and keep moving right past stopping at roof level (normal closing) and go right into tilting for vent. There is no limiter to tell it to stop. Even with a separate tilting button there needs to be a limit switch to control glass closure with out going straight into venting.

~Mark~
Old 02-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #251
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

This is the limit switch on an Acura CL.

There is a spring loaded rocker sensor on it that detects where the cable is at. It is mounted on the right rear of the CL moonroof tray. The left side cable moves through the tubing and over to the right where it comes in contact with the limit switch. Because of this the left side cable is longer than the right side cable. The tubing is also a little bit longer to move the moonroof back far enough.
The thing about the CB moonroof is that it is wider than the CL moonroof so that right side already short cable becomes shorter and thus is too short. I swapped a left side cable onto the right to make it longer. Now it is also long enough to mount the limit switch on the left side for the CB tray. The limit switch will totally not fit on the right either.
Here I have mounted the limit switch on the left side. The top run of tubing just goes straight through and the limit switch only mounts to it. The lower is actually two tubes. I had to bend the shorter one to fit properly but itís working out so far. The other end bends up further around the side of the tray. Iíll move the mount that the tube end screws to, up further to hold it correctly.

Here you can see the bottom of the limit switch where the rocker sensor detects the cable. You can adjust the position of this switch because slides side to side. Once you have the moonroof glass into the correct position for closed then you slide the switch into its position to detect ďclosedĒ and stop power. Then the switch can be locked tight with the two screws so it remains in the right spot to detect the cable.

~Mark~
Old 02-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #252
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Nice dude! That is way too much work that I would not want to do it twice. So ..... the 10 year old question. Can I put a moon roof in my Canadian EX ? Missing brackets on the roof right?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 PM   #253
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Once you start getting to know how the moonroofs go together it becomes easy to build them. In fact the CL rails and slider mech plus the CD moonroof glass, is easier to deal with than the shitty CB stuff. The 94-97 glass just lifts right off after undoing some 10mm nuts. Way more convenient.

~Mark~
Old 02-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #254
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
Once you start getting to know how the moonroofs go together it becomes easy to build them. In fact the CL rails and slider mech plus the CD moonroof glass, is easier to deal with than the shitty CB stuff. The 94-97 glass just lifts right off after undoing some 10mm nuts. Way more convenient.
Thatís how civics are as well. I went to a junkyard to get a shade for my sisters civic sunroof and it was super easy to remove the glass. Took less then 10 mins.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #255
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Yeah try and swap a CB moonroof glass in 10 min. Mine has never come out without a fight. It’s also heavier than my new moonroof setup. Once I get this limit switch in and working the old stuff will be nothing but forgettable memories lol.

~Mark~
Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #256
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Ok so I figured out that the little box attached to the Acura CL limit switch setup has the relays in it. I was tearing apart a CL at pap looking for relays that were similar to the CB Accord ones below. I didnít know yet that I already had them lol.

Here is the CL relay box. It mounts up on the back of the moonroof assembly tray.

Here is the limit switch and relay all plugged in and mounted on the back of the CB tray.

The wires here are to be piggy backed into the gray CB moonroof plug in the first pic. I will build a piggy back T harness the taps the green wire to the cars under hood moonroof fuse. One of the blue wires will tap to the under dash fuse wire. The other two smaller wires go up to the switch. The second blue goes to the door on the CL for some reason.

~Mark~
Old 02-28-2019, 12:02 AM   #257
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Found a couple pieces I needed the other day at a pap. Finally I got an og CB gray drivers side front mat. Itís dingy but in better shape than most Iíve seen. I see more blue and red than any other color also. Gray is a bitch to find and with this mat I now have a complete og gray set. If I canít get it clean enough I might dye all four a darker charcoal gray or black and throw them in the car.

I also got a set of 91-95 legend coupe side moldings. I had to piece together legend sedan moldings to make the longer coupe moldings on my car. Now I can whip these into shape to have the optimum look with no obvious splice line.

Now for more on the venting moonroof wiring. Since the moonroof has the relays on the back of the assembly tray. All I need is the two power wires and two switch wires to run up back to them. You will not use the stock CB moonroof relays for this but you will need to use its power from the same moonroof fuses. Since Iím going to use my stock CB moonroof switch for another slick project coming soon. I made a piggyback jumper to take the under dash and under hood fuse power. Here is the completed jumper attached to a CB moonroof relay block. This is how it will piggy back into the harness going to the CB moonroof relays.

Here it is all attached to the under dash part of the harness that will lead to the CL moonroof relays.

~Mark~
Old 02-28-2019, 08:18 AM   #258
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Wow man, you are industrious. Do you even have a day job? lol

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:01 AM   #259
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

My day job at least pays enough for me to be industrious. That I’m thankful for. There’s no end lately to the ideas I have rolling around in my head.
Ok here’s another big hint to my next project. It’s almost done also. I should have this mod finished and fully installed hopefully by this weekend. It’s something all of us coupe owners wish for.

Stay tuned folks.

~Mark~
Old 03-12-2019, 02:56 AM   #260
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Nice. I remember people talk about this, but haven't actually seen it done yet. What car did you snag the motors from?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: