Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

In need of help with Bose radio/wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of help with Bose radio/wiring

Hi everyone, im looking for some help with the stereo wiring on my CB7. The previous owner has made a real mess of the radio harness and hacked it off, all i have currently is a bunch of wires sticking out of the dash.

What id like to do is hook up a standard CB7 radio harness to these wires and simply use an OEM radio with a few speakers, the problem is my car is the Bose equipped model, so the wires in my dash are not the same as the wires on a normal CB7 harness. Currently there are about 5 separate wires sticking out of my dash, ( black, red, yellow with red, yellow with white and yellow) then there is this bigger black wire consisting of about 6 smaller solid colored wires, is there anyway i can just solder a standard CB7 harness to these wires somehow? i dont really know too much about car audio i just want my radio to work in the simplest way possible. ive tried to search but i cant seem to find anything on how to do this

if anyone could offer any type of help id be so greatful, thank you

When I did mine I ran a new set of wires to the speakers and used the power, ground and antenna control from the original harness. I connected the new speaker wires to the output connector on the amp so they end up going to the speakers. That way I just had to run all 4 speaker wires to the same place instead of having to run them to each individual speaker. You will also want to replace the speakers (if they haven't been replaced already), as the Bose speakers are 2 ohm instead of the usual 4 ohm.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
      When I did mine I ran a new set of wires to the speakers and used the power, ground and antenna control from the original harness. I connected the new speaker wires to the output connector on the amp so they end up going to the speakers. That way I just had to run all 4 speaker wires to the same place instead of having to run them to each individual speaker. You will also want to replace the speakers (if they haven't been replaced already), as the Bose speakers are 2 ohm instead of the usual 4 ohm.
      ok thank you so much for that ! i get what you mean when you say you used the power, ground, and antenna from the original harness, Im not too sure what you mean with the speakers though , so did you run wires from the output of the amp to the headunit? would that work with an OEM radio though? is it possible to just hookup an original radio using the power, , ground and antenna control and then run wires straight from the amp to the new speakers in the doors and on the parcel shelf? would that work or does that not make sense ? haha..

Comment

so does that mean ill be bypassing the amp? if i run new wires from the headunit plug to the amp output will there be 8 wires all together? ( 4 speakers total) as the standard cb7 harness has + and - wires for the speakers ? ... you mentioned before there were only 4 wires.. also is there a wiring diagram for the amp plug as im not sure which wire id hook up to which .. thank you again for your help!
        Last edited by cb7mick; 12-17-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

What I did was unplug the amp output and connect the speaker wires to that, which bypassed the amp. Yes, I ran 4 sets of speaker wire so there were essentially 8 wires. The wiring from the amp to the speakers is a normal ground system. I got a radio pluc from the junkyard from a regular (non-Bose) CB7 and used that to plug in a stock radio from another CB7. YOu can run the speaker wires directly to the speakers, but I didn't want to have to try to fish the wires through the door harnesses, it was just easier to run them all to the package tray where the amp sits and splice them in there.
          As for the wiring diagram, I used a Helm electrical troubleshooting manual for the 1993 Accord. The Helm manuals are great if you can still find them. The websites says they are out of stock at the moment. I found one on Amazon if you are interested... 1993 Accord Electrical Troubleshooting Manual

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Faxon Auto Literature also seems to have the Helm manuals. I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of these books...

Comment

Same thing I have to do in a SE. Previous owner cut a lot of the wires to the amp. So now I have to figure out to bypass the wiring.

Comment

What I did was unplug the amp output and connect the speaker wires to that, which bypassed the amp. Yes, I ran 4 sets of speaker wire so there were essentially 8 wires. The wiring from the amp to the speakers is a normal ground system. I got a radio pluc from the junkyard from a regular (non-Bose) CB7 and used that to plug in a stock radio from another CB7. YOu can run the speaker wires directly to the speakers, but I didn't want to have to try to fish the wires through the door harnesses, it was just easier to run them all to the package tray where the amp sits and splice them in there.
                As for the wiring diagram, I used a Helm electrical troubleshooting manual for the 1993 Accord. The Helm manuals are great if you can still find them. The websites says they are out of stock at the moment. I found one on Amazon if you are interested... 1993 Accord Electrical Troubleshooting Manual
                Okay sweet i get it now! thank you so much 4GAccordh22 you are simply the best thanks for the links for those manuals too. If i can figure out how to wire the speakers to the amp plug then ill do that, you dont think the speaker wires at the amp would be the same colour as the speaker wires at the headunit? then i could just match the colours up , i guess it wouldnt be that easy ay haha, otherwise ill just wire the speakers directly to the headunit and take my time fishing the wires through the door... so a stock oem headunit can power the speakers directly? it wont blow the headunit up or anything?! lol
                Last edited by cb7mick; 12-18-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Like I sad, you will need to replace the speakers if they are still the OEM Bose units.. I just went to my local auto parts store and got their cheap 'factory replacement' speakers. I also got some speaker buckets from an LX for the fronts. The Bose units are 4" in the doors and the LX uses 5 1/4". Then some cheap 6X9s in the rear deck and you're golden.

If you run the 2 ohm speakers with a stock head unit (designed for 4 ohm speakers), there is a strong possibility that the HU will be damaged. You may get away with it, but I didn't take the chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X