Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

If CB7 tuner had an annual meet for all members, where would the best location be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If CB7 tuner had an annual meet for all members, where would the best location be?

Im just wondering if the site were to plan a full fledged meet for all owners, where would it be?

I really dont want people using their hometowns because im trying to avoid the arguments over distance.

Example:

I think Miami or Daytona Beach in FL would be key spots for a site wide meet because its a beautiful place with amazing driving roads for people to put their CB's to their limits.

-End Example-

Even though im from VA, i choose FL because of the layout and atmosphere, irregardless of how far i need to drive to get there.

Where do you think would be the best spot?

It would be easier to organize a multi event, single day thing where regionally everyone got together on the same day.

Never happen for a nationwide thing. Too many people on either coast and lots in the middle.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

AFM in Ft Lauderdale has been going on for 7 years now. It started here, and branched out to other Accord communities.
      I went for the first time this past December. We had people flying in from Cali and Canada.

Comment

Compton.

Comment

Middle Earth.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Australia.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Anybody else think of George Lopez's father when they read the second to last sentence of the OP?
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Im pretty sure it would be possible. Back in my Neon days we had a week long national event. It rotates to major locations around the country every year, 16 years in a row. You guys arent going to tell me there is a larger Neon following than Accords are you!

Comment

Maquoketa, Ia.
                  Ill help with the location. I can get access to a huge lot, maybe even a dirt track lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    Then how about Mordor? Hows the weather there this time of year?
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 03-19-2013, 02:12 PM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I like the ideas in this thread, both the single event, the multi-event, and the rotating event.

All I have to say is that to make something like this happen requires something simple but serious: leadership. If there is someone willing to lead, there are many willing to follow, in varying capacities.

I think the best place to host the event would be the place that results in the least amount of travel for the most people, after all other considerations. That means that if the east coast has the biggest following, somewhere along the east coast is probably better than somewhere in the middle of the US.

Comment

I've heard of an Acura Legend national meet that happens every year. It's a 2-3 day event I think. They call it NALM. National Acura Legend Meet. Apparently, they "bid" on locations by setting up a schedule and approving locations with the owners of those locations before the event. Setting up things to do in the area and spots to have meets and photo shoots. Cruises. All over the course of a weekend. And then it is voted on by the members of the forum or accepted by the members, depends on the situation. The location varies from year to year and the members that plan it (I say members, because planning a 2-3 day event for car guys is not easy to do and usually having more than one person planning it helps) are the hosting members of the event.

I don't really see a one day national event being worth it for many people, but a 2-3 day event could be more appealing; it could be a vacation for some.

Maybe someone could start this for the cb7tuner community. I know they have the event in Florida, but it is only one day and a multi-day even could attract more people. Especially if you dedicate it to cb7s or just accords in general (accords in general might be too big of a group to handle).

Comment

the thing is.
                          it would never happen.
                          every part of this country is covered on the fourm.

Id love to try to orginize it. Ive thought about it alot.
                          But how would I get the east and west coast in the same place?

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                            the thing is.
                            it would never happen.
                            every part of this country is covered on the fourm.

Id love to try to orginize it. Ive thought about it alot.
                            But how would I get the east and west coast in the same place?
                            Find somewhere that they can agree on. Maybe somewhere in the middle?

Comment

As I mentioned before Neons.org runs a a week long event. A lot of the heavy hitters and admins use it as a vacation and stay the whole week. Being as how it's a whole week other people can fit it into their schedule better. Some show up for a day, some show up for the whole week. Then it rotates around the country too so it's not always on the same coast. It's doable. A week long vacation in a non resort area only cost about $500.

Comment

Working...
                              X