Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

About time to get the game on again. I remember when I use to have fans :P

--

--

--

Comment

Comment

All I can say about those injectors..

MMMMmmmmm beefy.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
            All I can say about those injectors..

MMMMmmmmm beefy.
            haha ya.

Well I the last weekend I had it out the brake pedal went to the floor. And I thought this was a broken master cylinder as I didn't see anything leaking anywhere. So I bought a new brake master cylinder and installed it. The gunk that was in the old one was crazy!! And in the end it turns out it wasn't the master cylinder. One of my back brake lines went and in the worst spot possible! Its the brake line that goes above the gas tank to the rear passenger tire!! baaaaa. So its broken up there and leaking up on top of the gas tank, dripping down in different areas. Why the fack did they run the brake line up and over the gas tank

Anywho. The tank will have to be dropped and all the rear lines repaired. There is a ton of rust up where all the brake lines meet (rear drivers side) which is also where the fuel line is and gas spout. If anyone has ever ventured up there, you know where I'm talking about

I've gone this far with the car, the only friggin thing left to replace is the brake lines and fuel lines in the rear.

Comment

Today I feel like giving up on my car.

Being told by a body shop guy that I'll never be able to use my rear jack points again is pretty saddening. On top of that I have a broken brake line and I think I'm going to have to replace all 4. And with that big job (that no-one wants to tackle) is the task of taking the gas tank down, and I may need a new gas tank, and I definitely need a new gas tank spout.

The body shop guy told me today that after I fix the broken brake line, he'll do my rear jack points and the other body work but that I should never use the rear jack points again if possible.

Comment

Sucks to hear about & see all those rust issues on your car dude. Been following your build for quite a while now...would hate to see it end this way. Maybe looking on the bright side, you could swap all of the good stuff over to the other CB and in a way it would live on.
                Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

I was going to suggest the same, buying another chassis and just swapping everything over.

It would suck to just completely give up

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

even though you are contemplating on giving up on the chassis, which i hope you dont, since you have money invested in it. With the tank drop opportunity you can also install a new fuel pump a walbro 255 by chance. Knock out two or three birds with 2 stones. Good luck whatever you plan to do. You do have a nice black exr now.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

man, i already replaced that brake line above the gas tank, my solution was not even bothering dropping the gas tank, but cut the line back put a new piece in to the brake, and run the brake line around the gas tank, but I know you your picky, oh and i'll never use my jack posts again either, but don't bother me, i rather jack the rear up on the control arms anyway.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was expecting to come in here and see no replies to my last comment.

After much thought...........

I would love to swap everything over to the black exr, except its my daily driver and if I were to do that I would want the body painted, engine bay gutted & painted, and everything re-done. The interior of the exr is not in the beesst shape either.

Soooo I'm not giving up! I'm going to go out with a fight!

I'm going to buy some ramps (or put the stands under the frame / trailing arms) and rip all that friggin shit out! Grumpys93 had a good point too. If I'm going to turbo it, then a walbro 255 is needed, and that goes in the tank. The old pump can't come out through the service hole and we all know what's involved in cutting that opening wider. So down the tank comes.

I'll start the work this weekend. I think I"m going to leave the brake lines intact all the way from the front engine compartment to the drivers side trailing arm as they are in good shape. The rust starts up in the Bermuda triangle up above that plastic cover near the trailing arm. Then join/double flare the new lines on from that point. I'll rip the tank down and use the proper connections for the new brake line which are above the tank. Ripping the old line down will also allow me to bend the new one similar.

This job is going to suck! But I'll be happier in the end. After I complete this job I found a guy who will do the body work for me. Whether he can make the rear jack points strong enough so I can use them in-case of emergency is still in question.

Items to buy for the weekend:

- Brake lines (prefer pre-flared, with fittings)
                        - Brake line cutter tool
                        - Brake line bending tool
                        - Gas tank spout
                        - Fuel line, connectors, clamps
                        - Ramps - maybe

I also have the new brake master cylinder installed, and new brake line ends to install too for each wheel. I'm debating on doing the rear disc swap while I'm knee deep in this shit-storm.

wish me luck..... I'll try to take pics for y'all.

Comment

Good glad you are sticking with it. Hopefully you don't have a lot of gas in the tank. Dropping the tank isn't as hard as you think. You'll just get dirty and the walbro pump is an easy install too. Good luck man, ill be keeping my eye on this build
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

dont forget to swap out to the 40/40 prop valve.
                            Last edited by tommi; 06-19-2013, 10:34 AM.
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Glad to see you're sticking with it! At least you have the other CB to drive while you're working on it...makes it easier.
                              Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X