Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda Insight is back 2010 (concept car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Insight is back 2010 (concept car)

Hybrid Within Your Reach
    Scan the headlines and it’s obvious the world needs a new hybrid solution, and fast. What the world deserves is a little fun along the way.

The Revelation
    This October at the Paris Auto Show, Honda will reveal a concept version of our new small hybrid vehicle— with spirited performance and all the amenities you’d expect. This new car will be priced significantly lower than hybrids available today, making it possible for more people to drive hybrids.

The Name
    What do you call such a car? Honda delivered the first mass-production hybrid model to the U.S. and Europe back in 1999, the Honda Insight. Perfect name, right? Now used for our newest hybrid, the name honors our historical commitment to environmentally responsible technology. Takeo Fukui, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. CEO put it best:

"The original Honda Insight pioneered hybrid technology in the U.S. and remains a symbol of Honda's commitment to innovative technology and fuel efficiency. This new Insight will break new ground as an affordable hybrid within the reach of customers who want great fuel economy and great value."

The Insight
    The Insight sports a unique style and sophisticated design, sharing styling cues with the groundbreaking FCX Clarity fuel cell vehicle. The Insight concept, a futuristic five-door hatchback, is powered by a new lighter weight and efficient Integrated Motor Assist IMAŽ system that offers great performance. And there’s no shortage of amenities to liven up your commute.

The Timing
    When can you get your hands on your very own Insight? Luckily you won't have to wait long. It goes on sale in the U.S. during the spring of 2009. In the meantime, check back here for photos, news and live updates direct from the Paris Auto Show October 4-19, 2008.

Bring on the Hybrids
    Following the launch of the new Insight, Honda also plans to introduce another unique sporty hybrid vehicle based on the CR-Z Concept, first shown at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. CR-Z is Honda's new hybrid sports car, and the name stands for "Compact Renaissance Zero." Two new hybrids from Honda. The news can't get much better than that.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

prius? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
      prius? LOL
      Aerodynamic shape? LOL
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Aerodynamic shape? LOL
        do you laugh out loud by yourself?

Comment

I'm not much of one for the earth I guess.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post

I'm not much of one for the earth I guess.
            yay earth hahahaha nice!

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

hahaha, nice

I still think Bisi's Insight unibody is more aerodynamic than that is. IDK.
              My Car

Comment

Honda Prius. Makes sense, though... the shape is kinda necessary for aerodynamics, as well as battery storage with a usable trunk/hatch space.

I like the other Insight design better, though.

Comment

The Insight was more aerodynamic, but less functional.

Everything is a tradeoff. Besides, Honda has probably advanced their aerodynamic technology quite a bit since the Insight debuted, and coupled with other technology advances, it is likely that this could achieve economy almost as good as the old Insight, and it will probably do it for substantially cheaper than the Prius, since one of the core goals of this car is greater affordability. Financially, that translates directly into a quicker payoff, which for many hybrids isn't so great.

Also, this looks more like the FCX clarity than the Prius, of course, we don't want to talk about that because then Honda wouldn't be copying someone, and how could we accuse them of ripping someone off?

The shape is the shape it is because it is more aerodynamic. Period. You want MPG? Then you will see more cars shaped like this one.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    The Insight was more aerodynamic, but less functional.

Everything is a tradeoff. Besides, Honda has probably advanced their aerodynamic technology quite a bit since the Insight debuted, and coupled with other technology advances, it is likely that this could achieve economy almost as good as the old Insight, and it will probably do it for substantially cheaper than the Prius, since one of the core goals of this car is greater affordability. Financially, that translates directly into a quicker payoff, which for many hybrids isn't so great.

Also, this looks more like the FCX clarity than the Prius, of course, we don't want to talk about that because then Honda wouldn't be copying someone, and how could we accuse them of ripping someone off?

The shape is the shape it is because it is more aerodynamic. Period. You want MPG? Then you will see more cars shaped like this one.
                    Exactly.

But it still looks like a Prius. And the smug emissions are probably through the roof!

Sooner or later, ALL cars will look like suppositories.

Comment

Always a trade off between aerodynamics and interior space. You want aerodynamic? build a B2, lol
                      My Car

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        Sooner or later, ALL cars will look like suppositories.
                        HAHAHAHA

But when I sit back and really think about it, I realize it's true, and very sad

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Supposedly a Prius has a smaller aerodynamic footprint than a last gen Corvette (saw it on some MPG war video, may have been on here).

Definitely looks like a prius though. You seen pics of the new pontiac Vibe? Saw one drive by the Autozone parking lot today:

The era of the potato-car has arrived. Lol.
                          MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

Working...
                          X