Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Headlight Washers - Powering the Second Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Washers - Powering the Second Pump

I'm doing the headlight washer mod, and I have the wagon washer bottle with the second pump and the EDM switch. Where should I tap power from to power the motor and how do I incorporate the EDM headlight washer switch? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Anybody have any clues? Anyone who has put together their headlight washers?

Comment

Bump, no one ever made their headlight washers functional?

Then, can anyone tell me where an accesory wire I could tap into be? Thanks

Comment

Pull it off the power thats for the windshield pump?
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i would say tap into the washer fluid motor. its close to the front where you would be doing your mod. or find a euro bumper with headlight washers. good luck bro. sorry cant help much. i dont know anything about the headlight washers.
          RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Any help is good help, thanks you two for responding I think if I tap at the pump, i'd only be able to use the second pump when the switch for the first pump is on (windshield washer stalk pulled). If tapping the first motor, i'd need to get at it before the switch. So i'd have to find an accessory wire? Acc?

I don't want my headlight washers to go on when my windshield washers are on, and would like to control it via my edm headlight washer switch

Comment

it looks to me like people don't like to check my build thread.
              the headlight washers are suppised to be tapped into the Windshield washer pump wire and worked off the base switch. i got my complete kit from a functional wagon and the original owner gave it to me the way it came factory. i think the search button here works pretty well.
              Last edited by mitsubishiv5; 06-11-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Hey mitsu, thanks! Keepinitclean told me tonight you would be the one to know, was gonna ask but looks like you already came around, and I really appreciate the answer! I did use the search "edm headlight washer mod pump wagon washer bottle", but not much came up for me, or hidden behind vague thread titles (which is why I try to make my titles and tags as clear as possible, to help others find this info). Usually I don't ask anything at all, but these peast few months I've been plagued with issues with my car and search hasn't been pulling good results for me.

Comment

Working...
                X