Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help me make my 91 lx go fast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me make my 91 lx go fast.

I'm new to tuning cars, and i would like some suggestions on what type of intake and what type of muffler i should put on my car so as not to damage the engine. Thanks

Just about any intake will work, as they're all metal tubes. Just get a good quality filter on the end of it.

As for exhaust, get a full cat back instead of a muffler only. The muffler will make you sound "fast", but a full catback will at least give you minimal gains.

As for other questions, use the search bar. These questions have been asked time and time again. Read all the stickies in the different sections too, they'll provide you with plenty of info.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Any suggestions as far as websites and brands?

Comment

I have a magnaflow cat-back. Sounds really nice, not pingy or ricey or anything, lol.
          My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

AEM and K&N for the intake.

Apexi and GReddy for the exhaust.

www.cb7tuner.com for the ideas. I hear that they've been talking about making CB7s fast on that site since 2003... so I bet there are a TON of ideas floating around if you read through!

Comment

Start searching around here.

And if you really want to "go fast" an intake and exhaust aren't going to do much besides trick your ears into thinking you're fast.

Apexi WS2 is a great queit catback. RSR ex-mag if you can get a hold of one. Both a tad pricier but quieter and better sounding imo.

Magnaflow and custom are common.

You can't damage your engine from an exhaust. It's just the pipe diamter that matters.

Just read a lot. Don't buy anything for a while. I know you're probably anxious too. but if you spend 6 months reading on here and looking in the right places with out posting up a lot of "noob" threads you'll be much better off and more knowladgeable. Get yourself a little bit more into the car scene before you buy things you'll regret in the future.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lokheed
                Two words: racing stripes! Put on about 100 hp, easy!
                You're way too cool for this thread "bro".

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Hey, it's a funny thread, because airflow and a muffler won't do anything to make your car go faster (like ilovemycb7 said, you'll bark loud, but won't have any bite). Might as well just paint on racing stripes... it'll be cheaper and you'll get the same performance gain.

If your car is well maintained, dropping your factory cat for a cheap shit aftermarket one on ebay is stupid. Unless you don't care about the environment/or have an emissions test to worry about...

Comment

fast? try a fully built turbo setup. Thats if you want real speed.

Comment

Originally posted by 203CB7TUNER
                      patience is the key....
                      and expense is your guideline....
                      Way to dig up a dead thread.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Put a H22 in it and call it a day. lol

Comment

I'd boost it. Boosted F22's are beasty.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Working...
                          X