No announcement yet.

CyborgGT : 2002 Acura RSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at all your pictures makes me want to move to Colorado. Girlfriend wants to move there but really expensive compared to here.

Comment

I love it here, and cost will depend on the area, but population and cost of living have both been steadily rising in the fourteen years I've been here. Still, I only work in grocery and am doing well enough.

Most of my immediate family is out here and we've been trying to get my last sister to come out from Minneapolis, but cost is holding her back, too. Must be dirt cheap in MN.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-27-2017, 12:18 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It is cheap, well seems cheap as I have a pretty good job here and I think it would be tough to find a similar one I have now that pays just as good. Maybe one day if the girlfriend can find a RN job down there.

Comment

After some cold, snowy days finally passed, I got those LCAs on. For the bolts, I settled for hexes with washers instead of using the stock flange bolts; I can get a socket on one if the others are clocked just right. The undercoating on the cross member was also peeling, so both to prevent rust and match my front control arms, I painted it silver. S2's bushings are known to crack, but these are the only arms I like the look of, so I ordered a full set of spares to keep on hand just in case.

I don't think it looks bad at all, and it even makes the red sway bar stand out more. At the very least, it's something to keep me interested in a stagnant project.

*ED. - I just realized I never posted the front control arm swap with the Energy bushings installed. I painted them silver to match the Mugen coilovers, and have since kept up the theme. I've got Stop-Tech stainless brake lines to help this whole image, but I have no idea when those will be installed...

Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-05-2018, 09:31 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

New 4500k+35W, to replace a 5000k that went out. I love how Morimoto's new equipment comes in multiple pieces, so next time something fails I won't have to fork out so much.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-08-2018, 12:52 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I came here to check out your car once again as i keep finding cheaper RSX's every year; ijust found a 04 with front end damage(hood, fender,bumper, headlights and radiator will need replacing) for $750. I know anyone would say why buy a car for that price but with a low compression K20 under 100k AND 5spd; the answer becomes 'why the hell not". I know eventually i will get one to serve as a test dummy once i get the wife's CD5 out of the garage. Nice ride
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Thanks! The dents and crappy paint on mine are bugging the hell out of me, but the car's got a long future with me still. It's too fun to drive, and with the weather warming up again I've been going on more mountain runs. I'm hoping to put in some more serious exploring around Colorado this summer, too.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Beautiful area, you could do a mountain run and stop by the side of the road and sling some flies for trout to eat that night.

Comment

The paint on Honda and some Toyota cars likes peeling for some reason, second hand cars of both makes seem to always be shedding. I think Bunta is trying to get you to do mountain passes so he can sneak up on you with the same blue Imprezza that he sneak up on Takumi.

Comment

Tofu isn't selling like it used to, I gotta burn off some frustration somehow

Comment

Oh, to imagine some grassroots drifters having a go down Pikes Peak or Mount Evans

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                          Tofu isn't selling like it used to, I gotta burn off some frustration somehow
                          Yeah man, gotta find an outlet somehow to stay sane. I was just watching a video about a man in California I believe racing down a stretch of road called the snake in a Toyota Prius. Cy, I do like the two tone interior setup; at one point I was trying to do the same thing because my CB factory interior was grey and the replacement seats etc where tan, unfortunately the upholsterer I used didn't do a great job and door skin inserts he installed started to peel after a week.

Comment

I finally scored a pair of 2005-2006 seats from a base model at the junkyard. The padding was improved when the car got its mid-generation facelift, and the '02-'04s are a bit stiff for my taste. They're cloth like I want, but unfortunately not black. At least they'll match my current interior, and if I decide against black seats for the final two-tone arrangement, I'll be set. $50 for the pair of seats, plus $10 or so for some Super Clean and a dish washing brush, and they came out probably 95% - I've still got one seat to go, but you can see the difference here. Clean '05-'06 seats usually go for $5-600 from owners who know what they have! I'd call this a win. They'll be getting some lower seat covers once installed, so they don't end up all torn up like my current leathers.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Finally got the 2005 seats installed. I can't honestly say if they're any more comfortable, because my back is wrecked anyway. It's definitely nice having a head rest I can actually rest my head on while driving and still have my eyes pointing forward, though. With how nice these look compared to the shape of my old leathers, they have me wanting to replace the shabby steering wheel even more than before. I'm slowly making this car new again...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Since my last update...

(long-term test: the '05-'06 front cloth seats are definitely more comfy than the '02-'04 leathers, if anyone's thinking of swapping RSX buckets into their car)

As of today, I'm coming up on 256k miles, so there's been lots o' maintenance. New rad + thermostat + hoses. It was short notice, as a leaky radiator tends to be, so I'm kind of bummed I couldn't spring for OEM parts on this job. I've been trying to keep this car as factory as possible when I'm not upgrading.

Went to re-clear the hood, and during the tedious process of sanding I thought, "why not see how a rattle-can paint job comes out?" Well, I forgot that Automotive Touch-up's rattle can nozzles suck and it splattered droplets all over the place. Local shops wanted $600 to do the job for me, and I could buy a new carbon hood with brand new clear coat attached for that money. I really don't care about this hood, so I sanded it back down to primer, ended up with this 'race camo' looking design on accident, and shot "automotive grade" rattle can clear over it. It looked amazing for a little while, but didn't last; it's not flaking off yet, but it developed a rough texture. I'll have to try buffing it back smooth in the spring.

Replaced a ball joint. Looking good underneath with the silver arms and red sway bar. Eventually I want to get the subframe and knuckles powder coated that same silver.

New OEM serp belt tensioner and belt:

New Walker cat and Denso O2 sensors got rid of my 'cat efficiency low' CEL. Walker's donut gasket squeaks like crazy, and I'm getting this almost exhaust-leak-like 'sshh' sound on acceleration that doesn't appear when I put my hand over the muffler tip to build pressure . Gotta get it through the emissions test soon to renew registration, though.

No pic, but the climate control blower motor went out right before our first light snow. Replaced that with a junkyard part and grabbed a couple extra resistor packs for later, just in case.

Trying to clear out my storage unit so I have somewhere to park my upcoming CB9 lit this fire under me: after two years, I finally got those '05-'06 black cloth rear seats installed to further progress on my 'factory two-tone interior' idea (black fronts will come as soon as I find a set in the junkyards, by the way). Took the grey center tray piece off my old grey leathers since I bought that new a few years back. I like the contrast, and especially after being used to the grey seats I like how when I turn my head back while reversing, the rear seats almost disappear in my vision now. Makes the car feel a bit like a two-seater. Lots more to come on this project, but it's not a high priority so it'll be a slow transformation.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-07-2019, 12:15 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X