Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hello from SoCal...1993 Accord LX Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nicely done! i like the shifter mod

Comment

like the interior and the installations

Comment

same direction im going with but my whole interior is going to be black maybe contrast with grey/blue. yours looks so good tho keep up the good work and keep us updated

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'd ideally like an entire black interior but for now my plans are to change the seats and door panel cloth to black leather.

My brakes have been shaking which means new rotors are in store, but when I do that I'll be doing a ROH conversion, and to tackle 2 birds with one stone I want to do a 5-lug swap, mainly because the OEM wheel choices are so much more broader.

I swapped over CD5 floormat badges to the CL mats I have, and just wanted to share how I did them:

They are held on by three pegs on the back that clip onto the plastic bar under the mat. I had to make (well, burned) the three hoes in the carpet and trim off the rubber nubs so that the clips could catch.

They happen to fit perfectly over the ACURA logo that is embroidered.

Here are pictures of my door tweeter install:

And my rear end... I happened to have a OEM red badge that I had on my old RL and slapped it on.

Comment

So the paint that I thought was completely gone actually gave me a pleasant surprise... I had some polish that I rubbed on with a sponge and lo and behold some shine was coming back!

Before (the entire car was like this and felt rough to the touch):

After polishing half of the fender:

Even the grill was dull and cloudy which I cleaned up. I still hadn't worked on the hood yet... notice the dirt that routine washing never seemed to lift.

After polishing some more I realized where I still had clear and where I didn't. What did though came out nicely though! The sides shown here were as dull as the roof!

I need better lighting but the car reflects light better now and looks way cleaner, even if some of the clear is fading.

Comment

nice!!!

Comment

Nice pick up on the black oem parts.

Comment

Nice progress bro, would u happen to be part of SoCal CB Mobb on facebook?
                  1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                    Nice progress bro, would u happen to be part of SoCal CB Mobb on facebook?
                    Thanks, no I had no idea there was one haha, I'm really only active on two forums as of now. I'll look that up.

I started phase one of the 5-lug swap today, by finding a set of 5-lug rims!

These are 17x7 CL-S wheels I found on craigslist for $75. Came with 'A' centercaps and lugnuts but I popped on the 'H' caps I had around.

Next to come are the hub and knuckle swaps :O

Comment

Lookin good man cant wait to see the progress
                      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

I love seeing cars with fresh black carpet in them. It really does make these interiors look a lot better.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Sorry to hear it got stolen! That interior is coming together though. Looks nice with the new carpet. 500 buck though?? Thats a come up in any respect.
                          Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                          The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                            Lookin good man cant wait to see the progress
                            Haha me neither, right now I'm waiting for the junkyard to have their 50% off sale to get the 5-lug knuckles/drums.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            I love seeing cars with fresh black carpet in them. It really does make these interiors look a lot better.
                            Originally posted by High5er View Post
                            Sorry to hear it got stolen! That interior is coming together though. Looks nice with the new carpet. 500 buck though?? Thats a come up in any respect.
                            Thanks, I've always liked black carpet... it goes well with just about any interior. My next big mod on my wishlist is a BB6 dash, but that's a rather far possibility haha.

Comment

Originally posted by bee-rad View Post
                              Haha me neither, right now I'm waiting for the junkyard to have their 50% off sale to get the 5-lug knuckles/drums.

Thanks, I've always liked black carpet... it goes well with just about any interior. My next big mod on my wishlist is a BB6 dash, but that's a rather far possibility haha.

When are you gonna start your 5 lug swap? I was thinking about it when I first bought the car but I just dont feel like its worth it for me. Plus I already picked up some sweet 4 lug wheels
                              Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                              The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
                                When are you gonna start your 5 lug swap? I was thinking about it when I first bought the car but I just dont feel like its worth it for me. Plus I already picked up some sweet 4 lug wheels
                                Once I get all the parts... should be the weekend of the 28th. I had no intention of doing it until I found these wheels for cheap, and also found out how relatively easy it is to do. Parts, if I can source them in the junkyard, shouldn't run more than $100 during their sale hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X