top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top speed

whats tha fastest ya'll have gone period race,street,whatever fastest ive hit in my 91 5 speed stock is 125mph,after intake,headers,cat back,135mph
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 12-17-2003, 12:26 AM.

95, and I'm ashamed of it. Speeding like that is dumb... Once I hit the track I hope to get over 100, and keep it where it belongs.

Comment

i'm sure this has been done before, and shouldnt this be in performance section or soemthing?.....anyway 120...thats all my speedo reads, and i was at abt 6.5k i had a bit more on the tach to go, but you catch up to traffic pretty fast at those speeds.
      Last edited by pr3dSi; 12-17-2003, 06:45 PM.
      Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

I'm with Deever... doing anything like this on the street is dumb.

I topped out the car once racing a Mustang about 4 years ago, honestly I have no idea how fast it was. Highway curves at whatever triple digit speeds I was doing were quickly becoming turns.
        I haven't done any kind of insanely dangerous driving for over a year now, I'm proud to say, and I plan to keep it that way for a long time. When I was too young to be driving, although the law sees things a little differently, I crashed my Accord racing in a residential area doing something slightly upwards of 90mph with a good friend of mine in the car. I missed a guardrail that would have split the car down the middle by about a degree of turn entry angle. My friend and I both walked away from the accident, and I managed to avoid seeing the inside of a jail cell, but needless to say, I was very, very lucky. Especially for my age of 17 at the time.
        I've matured, as hopefully everybody does, since then and will not even so much as talk to a streetracer now. The risks are too high, the variables are many and uncontrolled, and there are more innocent lives at stake than most people would care to think about.

In short, before I get off my soapbox, if I find any of you guys street racing, or doing any stupid shit near my area I'm going to come to your house and lecture you to death... right after I boot your car.

*EDIT: I know this thread isn't about street racing, per se', but I've seen too many teenagers talking about "going racing in the sticks on Friday night" and I've seen too many scenes that look like they jumped right out of a demonlition derby lately to lose the opportunity to turn people off of that dumb "hobby."*

Comment

About 110 for me...when I first got my accord. Never topped it out b/c like said previously its just stupid...plus I've put too much time and money into my car just to have everything go bye bye with one dumb night. But im not saying I've never raced, because how many people really havent? But I dont race now...plus im too slow anyways.
          Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

never topped out...

but i hit 115+ in my 3 speed auto 92 corolla, needle was past the 110mph top of the speedo. it didnt have a tach, but the engine was screaming like a mofo.

got a ticket for 98 in a 65 that night. was driving next to (behind) a friend in the same car, but a 5spd manual version- he got a ticket for 106 in a 65. crazy stuff, i dont suggest it, im sure my tires werent rated for even close to that speed. i honesly could have died in that tinbox. (car was wobbling like crazy)

that was one hell of a ticket to pay for, $350. never gonna go that fast again, and i suggest nobody else does either.
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-17-2003, 03:44 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The only racing I'll ever do is up to the speed limit. I'll take it from a light to 55 on a 55mph road... Even that I rarely do.

Comment

ive only had my cb up to 110, but i had my merk up to 145 once, scared the shit out of me. But speeding is bad kids, mkay.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Re: top speed

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                  91 5 speed stock is 125mph,after intake,headers,cat back,135mph
                  i think your speedo is a 'tad generous'.

Comment

Yeah, me too...

Sorry... I just had to

Comment

lol, wat the fu*k was that random pic....

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote

Yeah, me too...Sorry... I just had to
                        ROFL... great reply.

Comment

Originally posted by accordzoom
                          lol, wat the fu*k was that random pic....
                          it wasn't random. it was in response to the "speedo" being generous. hence the fru-fru pic.
                          Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

took the accord up the limit of 121
                            someday if i pick up balls and feel like risking my life, try and take the h22 to 150

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

yeah sometimes it can be a pain cause i did 130 in mine but didnt notice a cop right next to me he couldnt catch me cause someone else was on my ass we dipped in and out of traffic and blazed off the highway it seemed like tokyo racewars and shit out there all the cars speeding. everyone was goin fast even this lady was doin 90 she had to be 60 something im likw WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X