No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard of fuel rail bolts snapping, what's up with that?

Comment

I’m curious how your fuel rail bolts keep snapping. Happy to see you made great power and that Carlos is still at it. I too am venturing into the COP land hopefully soon. Will be happy to get rid of all the high failure items inside the dizzy.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

In regards to your fuel rails snapping, what engine mounts are you running?
        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

It might just be an older manifold with crappy posts. When I got it I had to port the manifold out to match the throttle body which, from what I'm told, you don't have to do on the newer versions. I am running Innovative mounts with the default inserts which are 80a? I remember hearing of one person in the past who had this issue, but not nearly as bad as my experiences and certainly not as frequently.

Comment

Suppose an update is in order even if it is just a general maintenance update. I finally decided to replace my rear calipers after I realized the brake pads were wearing very unevenly. Once the new ones arrived, I decided to actually paint them. I've been running around with only the front calipers painted red for a few years now. I had also been running just one cooling fan for a few years but that one finally bit the dust after going to the track. I went ahead and bought both fans brand new and installed them a few weekends ago. The sender for my oil pressure gauge also crapped out so I ordered and installed a new one of those. I did run a 9.86 in the 1/8th mile though so that's something? I'm hoping to get some new suspension for the car around the beginning of next year so I can kill the horrible wheel hop I get and maybe put down a better time. I also really need to remake the exhaust from the header back as it's just pieced together currently. It works, but it could be better.
            Last edited by Mike1357; 12-11-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Not a whole lot has been going on with the CB lately. Replaced an axle, changed the gearbox oil, changed the engine oil regularly, and picked up some new front tires. I had someone that wasn't paying attention run me off the road so my 3rd lip is now in pieces. I've been spending a lot of time getting my truck sorted, but the CB is still my reliable daily.

Comment

The Greddy lip is in pieces?? Or you took it off to sell it to me?

Comment

Mike glad to see your still around. That is one of the reasons I haven’t gotten a Greddy Gracer lip yet. They look badass but are super fragile.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Mike glad to see your still around. That is one of the reasons I haven’t gotten a Greddy Gracer lip yet. They look badass but are super fragile.
                    I would probably give my right nut to get one of these lips, always wanted one since I first seen them...ooohh 10+ years ago. One would think if you coated it in several clear coats it would help maybe. Even fibreglass or re-enforce the inside of it with a layer of..... whatever. I'm from Canada so I'd probably use duct tape

Comment

Sucks to hear about your lip. Hope a solution is found sooner or later. Good to see the car still kicking though.
                      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Raf: The thing is in pieces I assure you. I actually haven't taken the remains off of the stock lip that holds it in place so maybe I could ship you those? lol. I actually got this past one as well as my others from a place up in Canada. Now keep in mind that these are "replica" lips that are made out of fiberglass and are way more resilient that a "real" GReddy lip. Normally I'm not one for knock off parts, but when it can take way more abuse and is usually easier to fix at about 1/4 the cost of a real one, my hand is almost forced.

Grumpy: Like I was telling Raf, yeah, it's a knock off, but I put all my lips through hell and back. It took serious abuse to damage them past the point of repairing them.

SSM: I'd love to find a front bumper cover in decent condition in my color at the junkyards, but I've only been able to find cappuccino ones. I still have my stock 9293 fogs and dive planes that I want to eventually put back on the car. I even kept the vented hood I made so that I can put it back on when I do get it all sorted.

Comment

I still have the car, thankfully. Back in October 22 I had the timing belt snap on me while driving to work. I was fortunate enough that it snapped at idle as I was rolling to a stop. Had it towed home without much issue, but did have to use the starter to pull it into the garage to shelter it from the hurricane that rolled through. I thought for sure I had bent a valve, but went ahead and put a Gates Racing timing belt on it. Luckily enough, the car fired right back up like it hadn't missed a beat.

About a month ago I was having severe voltage drop issues with the car. Admittedly, I misdiagnosed the car and threw an alternator in it thinking that that was the issue. Turns out the Optima battery had a dropped a cell or something as, when I disconnected the battery, voltage would jump right back up to where I expected it to be. One new battery later, I was back to daily driving without issue.

This weekend I was finally able to give the car a good once over along with a badly needed oil change. I found that the Innovative traction bar that I have has a pretty severe crack in it by one of the welds, but again, it would appear that luck is on my side as they have a lifetime warranty on them. I'm currently waiting to hear back from Innovative on that. My rear upper ball-joints are shot and my SPC camber kits in the front also have a good amount of play in them. I went ahead and ordered new stock style control arms for the front and rear, but I may eventually get another SPC camber kit for the front in the future. I did find that my drivers side axle seems to have a lot of play in the splines where it connects to the intermediate shaft so I'm wondering if that may be the reason why I still have such bad wheel hop?

A few weeks ago I was able to get my hands on another replica GReddy lip. It arrived earlier this week, so I went ahead and painted that today along with re-painting the top half of the rear spoiler that seems to fade back to the white gelcoat every few years. I'm planning on installing the new lip, re-installing my dive planes from years ago, and swapping back to my vented hood some time next week/weekend to try and get the car back to where I'm happy with it visually. Along those same lines, I switched back to the amber corner lenses and side markers as I just wasn't happy with the way the car looked. I installed a new wideband sensor for my air/fuel gauge as it hasn't been working properly for the last year or so. Turns out the tune I have is hugely on the rich side (11 or richer at idle and 13 cruising) so I may have to look into getting the car re-tuned soon. I had noticed it running rich through the data monitor on the Hondata, but was hoping that it was an erroneous reading; guess not. Finally, I ordered everything that I needed to go coil over plug on the car and that all arrived this week as well so I'm looking forward to getting that installed.

As far as future plans go, I still haven't gotten to the point where I can pick up a set of Fortune Auto coils, but that is still most certainly in the works. I think this year I'd also like to get myself a Sarona rear window wing to complete the look I've been wanting for the car for the past 15 or so years. I have seen the new widebody kit that released for our chassis, and I am moderately interested in that, but I feel I need to tackle a few other things first before I get to that point. This year was also the point where I finally decided to get my Antique license plate for the CB. I could've gotten it last year, but I just had too many things going on at the time.

Pictures will follow soon....
                          Last edited by Mike1357; 03-11-2023, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I would still die for a proper Greddy lip! And...thinking that if your tune is running rich then something changed with the car usually.
                            glad to hear ya still at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              I would still die for a proper Greddy lip! And...thinking that if your tune is running rich then something changed with the car usually.
                              glad to hear ya still at it.
                              The real GReddy lips are less than $300 now; they used to be $6-700. Might be your time to shine. Glad to see you're still around as well!
                              The only thing that I can think of is either the injectors need to be cleaned, or the air filter is dirty. One thing to note is that when the car was last tuned, they installed a two foot long tube and a ram horn intake in place of the air filter (I assume to get better power numbers?) so once the air filter went back on, it was immediately running with less air than what it was tuned with?

Comment

Yep. That would do it. Running rich is also less O2.
                                Where do I buy a greddy lip for our cars?

Comment

Working...
                                X