Intermittant brake lights, horn etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittant brake lights, horn etc.

Hey guys. Have a problem and it has me so confused. Ive been through countless brake switches and small black boxes in the rear. This problem is so damn difficult to t/s because I have no idea what the fix actions are for anything.

My brake lights do not work all the time. However when they do work. The horn, and hazard lights work along wiith them. My horn has been screwed since forever along with my cruise control so I figured it was the clock spring. However I have no clue as to why the hazards and the horn only works with my brake lights. Ive searched and searched for bad grounds. And I have also replaced the black boxes in the rear with ones from the junk yard.

I know the black boxes are working correctly because when the break lights DO work I have all 3 in the back.
    NO blown fuses the entire time i have had this problem although I replace them just because.
    Wiggling the wires, reseting the ECU, shaking the steering wheel, rain, seem to have no effect on if or when the brake lights work.
    Please help if you can.
    My 2nd option is a bootleg wiring an independent brake switch w/LED. Bu I would like for it to work the OG way if possible.
Working...
X