Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

swapping in an F22A6 cam and PT6. explain this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thanks for all the help by everyone. Hope I can get it out in one piece and they don't try to charge me for every little piece.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Every IAB equipped CB that I've ever seen, regardless of year, is always on the bottom of the runners. That also includes preludes too, at least 92-96. I'm not sure about 97+ preludes, I'm sure the same would apply. Having the IAB black box on the firewall does not sound stock at all.

OP-if the car's completely in the dirt, it is possible to pull the whole IM off from the top. The hardest bolt to get to from the top is the bolt for the diagonal brace that goes into the runners @ the bottom. Could be faster than trying to safely get it up in the air to work underneath it While you're in the yard, def. look for h22 and h23 preludes, those would donate the much better plenum + t/b too.

Comment

if the car is in the dirt, just dissasemble the upper manifold. That gives you enough room to get to the bottom brace.

Man I remember being the first one to actually document the stuff for the a6 swap. Crazy.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

You should prob get the brace too as it is a little bit longer than the one for the A1.
          I know plenty on people on here just run it without it when they swap but I feel safer with it on.
          Also if get the black box and the actuator is broken like mine was you can pick them up from quite a few diff places. If you have a short ram intake when you disconnect the stock airbox use that one. Just unscrew it and replace it on the black box.
          steve

Comment

^good info, I always assumed the a1/a4 brace would be the same. It is def. a good idea to run it, IIRC steelbluesleeper (sp?) cracked runners 2 or 3 times w/o the brace, not fun.

Comment

Working...
            X