leaking proportioning valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking proportioning valve

Hey guys, well I had removed all my abs lines and installed dx/lx brake lines up front. The wagon was rear disc already. So I installed a DA integra 40/40 prop valve. This was over a year ago.

I noticed it started leaking so I bought another da prop valve. That felt good and then again this time like last year it was cold and started leaking again. Every time its cold it leaks even more. If its warm it will still leak.

What I have checked is the lines and brake master cylinder. Its all fine. The problem I see is the prop valve leaks from the little black circle on the top portion. Here is a pic.

Its an annoying job, but has anyone experienced this same leak? I have my other coupe and sedan with a 40/40 prop valve and they never leak.

Did I just end up with 2 bad prop valves?

Here is the picture.

well I searched the leaking situation on honda-tech...

Came up with this, link included.

i've seen this happen 3 times in the entire time I've done my own work and working at the dealer. There is no detailed description, but i know if there is no master cylinder pushrod clearance which should be 0.0mm if i remember correctly (booster pushrod is either too close or touching the master cylinder pushrod) that is when i found the 3 prop valves with their rubber caps off and leaking fluid. Without a description, i would presume that the rubber is there to let you know that if it ever came off there is a lack of clearance between the 2.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2658379

cliffnotes

Replaced prop valve 2 times, both leak... No solution to old prop valves.

Replace the brake proportioning valve again!!

Comment

Working...
    X