Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to wire in main relay kill instead of starter kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wire in main relay kill instead of starter kill?

Well guys,
    I got my alarm all prep and wires all tap ready for plug in and play. One thing remains that I want to do. Instead of cut the starter cable to wire in the starter kill, which is pretty easy to bypass by a thief, I want to wire in the main relay kill. I think this is possible but not sure how it could be done. I am also going to move or cover up the main relay pretty good. At the same time, I want to put a 2nd manual kill switch to add another layer of security.
    If you professional installers and know how this could be done, please help me and others that need them later.
    Please list how the relay could be wired.

My car is 1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan.
    The alarm system I have is Crime Guard 750i6 that comes with the prewired starter kill relay. It is wired as below:
    87a---starter solenoid
    86----Orange GWA.
    30----Ignition switch side of starter cut.
    85----red wire connect from pin 30.
    Diode between 85 and 86 with band toward 85.

Thanks guys.

Why don't you go ahead and install the starter kill and do the main relay kill too. Can't hurt having both...

As for the main relay, its basically wires that go into a harness and the relay then plugs into. Couldn't you just splice into the power or ground and use the switch there?

You could also install the kill on the fuel pump which might be a little easier. If you go into your back trunk there is a small metal panel that leads to the top of the fuel tank. There is also a very small amount of wiring leading into that panel as well, powering the pump and the gas float mechanism. You could easily splice into those wires and do what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
      Why don't you go ahead and install the starter kill and do the main relay kill too. Can't hurt having both...

As for the main relay, its basically wires that go into a harness and the relay then plugs into. Couldn't you just splice into the power or ground and use the switch there?

You could also install the kill on the fuel pump which might be a little easier. If you go into your back trunk there is a small metal panel that leads to the top of the fuel tank. There is also a very small amount of wiring leading into that panel as well, powering the pump and the gas float mechanism. You could easily splice into those wires and do what you want to do.
      I don't want to cut the starter cable. And I want to use the relay to kill the main relay instead of killing the starter.

Comment

Sorry, I think this should be move over to the audio/electronics section.
        Any how, since I already have the prewired relay from the Crime Guard 750i6, I could do it like this:

87a---Chassis ground
        86----Orange GWA.
        30----to black ground lead of PGM-FI Main Relay.
        85----Ignition 12V only.
        Cut the red connecting lead between 85 and 30
        And if you want to make some noise while the thief trying to start the car with the alarm arm, connect the horn lead to 87.
        Diode between 85 and 86 with band toward 85.

Or you can take a regular 5 pole relay and wire as the following:

#30 - to chassis ground.
        #87a- to black ground lead of PGM-FI Main Relay.
        #85 - to alarms GWA output, [probably orange lead].
        #86 - to "true" ign. source, [hot in run and start].
        And if you really want to make noise if someone tries starting the car with the alarm armed, connect #87 to cars horn lead.

I took the idea from here.

What do you guys think? Since the starter kill is so common in all alarms, I thought this would do better. What even better is to add another layer with the manual switch on the same main relay ground.

Thanks.

Comment

I am thinking instead of wiring it in to the starter kill, could I just run it off an Aux channel so when I activate the channel it will kill main relay? My Crime Guard 750i6 has an extra programmable, I have pics below from the manual, with 87a N/C, 87 N/O, 30 common output. So I am trying to think of how I could do this so that the car main relay will always have ground until I press the button to activate the Aux then ground is disconnected as if I have a manual switch. Maybe some one could shine some light into this.

That way I can wire up the main relay to cut fuel when I press the button. At the same time I don't have to cut the starter wire and don't need that bit included prewired relay any where. It's some thing new to the thief. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X