f23 intake manifold diy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f23 intake manifold diy

does anyone have the f23 intake manifold diy?

First note I will not be held accountable for ANYTHING that goes wrong, ANY problems, ANY injuries, or ANY damages whatsoever. You do this entirely at your own risk.

Comparison pictures of the F22B2 and the F23 intake manifold:
    F22B2 IM:

F23 IM:

F22B2 IM (left)/ F23 IM (right):
    Lower:

Upper:

F22B2 IM (bottom)/ F23 IM (top):
    upper:

I did this on the F22B2, there will likely be some differences other than those I will account for if you're doing this on the F22B1. Also note that I won't be going into detail on some things.

Parts you will need:

-F23 Intake Manifold (upper and lower halfs)
    -Extra vacuum hose of appropriate sizes (some vacuum fittings are in different places on this manifold)
    -Vacuum caps to cap off any extra vacuum fittings
    -IACV adapter plate (you can make it yourself but I'm not going to tell you how, but it will need to be approximately 3/4" thick for the coolant fittings on the IACV to clear the TP sensor. You may also need other bolts to attach it)
    -Approximately 3' of appropriately sized wire to extend the wires for the air temperature sensor
    -New gaskets and o-rings (not using new ones may likely cause leaks)
    -Silicone to make the gasket for the IACV adapter plate.
    -Other than that you can reuse your other parts from your car

Tools you will need:

-Ratchet(s) and extension(s)
    -Sockets: 10mm and 12mm
    -12mm wrench
    -Pliers
    -Flathead screwdriver
    -Magnetic pick up tool considering dropping stuff is pretty much inevitable

There may be some details I forgot to include and there may be some other steps you need to do to be able to complete some of these steps.

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal.

2. Drain the coolant from the engine block and reinstall drain plug.

3. Remove/undo brackets attached to the underside of the intake manifold.

4. Remove the intake pipe.

5. Disconnect all throttle cables from the throttle body and remove the throttle cable bracket from the intake manifold.

6. Disconnect vacuum lines from the intake manifold and throttle body.

7. Unplug the MAP, TP, and air temperature sensor, and the IACV.

8. Disconnect coolant lines from the IACV and FITV and remove any brackets.

9. Remove the throttle body (held on by 2 bolts and 2 nuts).

10. Undo ground cable from upper intake manifold and remove the upper intake manifold (held on by 3 bolts and 2 nuts).

11. Unbolt the fuel rail from the intake manifold. Pull it out with the injectors and lay it off to the side, you don't have to remove the fuel line from it. But if you do you need to relieve fuel pressure first.

12. Remove EGR valve.

13. Unbolt the thermostat housing from the intake manifold (held on by 2 bolts)

14. Remove the lower half of the intake manifold (held on by 9 nuts)

15. Now clean the mating surfaces of all parts to be used (the head, manifold, throttle body, etc.). Clean them EXTREMELY well, I can not stress that enough. If they aren't clean things will leak.

16. Step for doing on the F22B2 only, plug the small holes above the runners on the F23 intake manifold with silicone if that manifold has them (I have heard some don't have them). Those are for the FIA system which the F22B2 does not have. If you don't plug the holes you will have a vacuum leak.

17. Now its time to assemble things basically in reverse order with new gaskets and o-rings using the F23 intake manifold.

18. Extend the wires for the air temperature sensor.

19. Install the IACV with the adapter plate, use silicone to make a gasket for it (both sides of the plate).

20. Reroute some of the vacuum lines so that they can reach vacuum fittings on the intake manifold, you will need to use some new lines, plug any unused vacuum fittings.

21. Throttle cable bracket mounting, the cables will not adjust enough, so you will either need to fab a custom bracket to extend it over closer or mount the bracket at an angle, you can grind a little into the bracket so that you can mount it with both bolts.

22. Add coolant back into the system, and bleed the air out.

Comment

Is This Like A F22a6/h23 Im Swap For You F22b Ppl.

I Dont See Secondaries.

I Really Should Learn More About 5th And ThE 6TH Gens Motors More.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

i think a IM w secondaries would perform better haha and keep the engine much cooler comparativly. but nice find and good work !
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

thanks....!!!

Comment

i got 2 F23 IM collecting dust for anyone wanting to do this.

Comment

Should I repost this DIY in the DIY section? Or is it not cb7 related enough even though some people have cb7's that now have an F22B1 or F22B2 engine in them?

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
                i got 2 F23 IM collecting dust for anyone wanting to do this.
                Really now? How much would you want for one and how much do you think it'd cost to ship one to 12309? I'd like to see how the B2 pulls without falling on its face up high. Then I can buy a new bottom end to rebuild.

Also, ignore the fact it says I only have one post. I've made 2 or 3 just today.

Comment

Phate you one post wonder you!

If you do the swap, let me know what difference it makes on the B2.

Comment

The F22B2 with the F23 IM pulls harder in the upper RPM's (3.5k+). Low end performance isn't noticeably sacrificed. My throttle response was better once mine was installed.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                      Phate you one post wonder you!

If you do the swap, let me know what difference it makes on the B2.
                      Lol, if you click my username, and go to "Show posts by this person" (or something to that effect), it shows like 20 or so, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Phate View Post
                        Lol, if you click my username, and go to "Show posts by this person" (or something to that effect), it shows like 20 or so, lol.
                        since you're new from CD5tuner.com obvisously. the rules over here are a bit more strict then over there. read all of the rules stickied at the top.

reason why your post count isn't going up is because you need to post in beginner section excluding offtopic to get your post count up to 30, then you'll be a full member.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                          since you're new from CD5tuner.com obvisously. the rules over here are a bit more strict then over there. read all of the rules stickied at the top.

reason why your post count isn't going up is because you need to post in beginner section excluding offtopic to get your post count up to 30, then you'll be a full member.
                          Makes sense. Not sure if my postcount matters enough to me to put forth the effort to making 30 posts in the beginner section. If my posts show up, and it lets me post in any subforum, I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                          X