Windows roll up but dont seal ..honda dealership $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows roll up but dont seal ..honda dealership $

Im thinking about going to a honda dealership to get my power window fixed...the deal is someone tried to break into my car a few times... you know how nice CB7's get bad treatment...well anways my window doesnt seal correctly and leaks when i go through car washes...sucks!!!
    I was wondering how much do you think the honda dealership would charge to fix my window not going up and fitting correctly into the top of the window??...I know going to the the dealership is expensive..but where talking about my CB7
    Sorry for all the run on and sentence fragments...haha
    anybody ever had this procedure done at the dealership?....
    Also has anyone ever heard of a honda dealership doing a h22 swap...just curious

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    it just needs that rubber piece that seals the window....the run channel....they get dry and sticky and won't let it slide up....the only other problem that it could be is the door is bent up top a bit....all you have to do there is bend it back so it shuts and is lined up right.......you can fix it all for less than $50 and minimal hand tools
    hes right...when i had my cb that happend to me..i went to the junkyard and bought a rubber trim piece and installed it myself in 15 mins...just remove door panel and i made sure i lubed up the new one really good so it wasnt dry......never gave me problems after that.
    [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

I have the same problem. Somebody broke into my car and cut up the weather stripping getting in. The exterior rubber. i have to hold my window in to get it to seal. You can take this off easily? I need to get it fixed cause it leakes in carwashes also.How do you take it out?
      My Ride!
      Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

If you have a free day, just take the door apart and do what I did...I cut off about 1/2" of the width of the seal, because my seals were so bad they took the window out of the lift mechanism. Anyways, I cut the 1/2" off the width of the seal and cut a strip down the middle of the seal (where the front edge of the window goes) and now my window is more reliable. That's if you don't wanna spend any $$$$ at all...I dunno how hard changing the seals are but I imagine it won't be too much more difficult.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          it just needs that rubber piece that seals the window....the run channel....they get dry and sticky and won't let it slide up....the only other problem that it could be is the door is bent up top a bit....all you have to do there is bend it back so it shuts and is lined up right.......you can fix it all for less than $50 and minimal hand tools
          I just wd40 those channels every now and then and it prevents them from sticking and causing the window to come off track.

Comment

i have the same problem my door panel is removed but i will check it tomorow

Comment

anybody got any pics?? of this process...................hey thats a good idea..putting wd40 in the cracks!!!..never would have thought about that

Comment

my problem is resolved.. just remove the window and cut the broken rubber ('plastic') behind the door panel if it broken but thats how i have resolve my problem
                sorry for my english again

Comment

my problem is resolved.. just remove the window and see whats wrong, i have cut the broken rubber ('plastic') behind the door panel if it broken, thats how i have resolve my problem
                  sorry for my english again

Comment

i've used Snap silicone spray in the tracks. it works pretty well and lasts for quite a while.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Silicone spray is definitely the way to go. It lasts MUCH longer than WD40.

Now I've got a question. My rear drivers side window wont roll up all the way. it stops with approximately 2 1/2-3" left to go. I have to press my hands together on the glass and force it up into position. Is this the window track as well? Also, when you lube up the track, won't that get your windows really dirty everytime you roll the sucker up and down? Help would be great, cause my mom's on my ass to fix this. I'm not really sure why though... That's a whole other ball of wax though.

Oh and where did you get the silicone spray from and how did you apply it? I mean did you take the door panels off or did you just shoot lube at em without disassembling anything?
                      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                      X