** 1991 h22 accord vs. 2003 tl type-s **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** 1991 h22 accord vs. 2003 tl type-s **

well i guess you could say i won and lost, since theyre both mine. it was from about a 60 roll on the freeway and we took it to 115mph.

the tl is somewhat heavier but it still got worked imo. you can see from when i drop my hand i got the jump... i was 1/2 car ahead before he(friend driving my accord) even downshifted. then somewhere around 100-110, when the tl shifts into 4th, there is somewhat of a dead spot and at the end of clip you can see the accord jump ahead just before hitting the brakes.

http://www.strodda.com/carvids/91acc....%2003tl-s.mpg

damm i never knew that a h22 cb7 could take a tl type s, that shit hott, it makes me reconsider my future

Comment

i love seeing a new thread by DrLove in the "video clips" section!!!

that was a clean ass vid, especially since you had to drive.

i would imagine that you're one of the few to know how it feels to get beaten by your own car.

Comment

damnnn nice vidd.....

hopefully you keep the cb7

Comment

lets see it again, but off the line.

Comment

Looks like the CB is still in good running condition. Nice vid but i would like to see it from a dead stop as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nice vid, but a modded TL-S would likely have a different outcome. I/H/E really uncorks the J32. Still very respectable though!

Comment

gotta love that H22 power

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

black-cb7

love it love it love it. cant wait to get my h22.

CB7 4 life

Comment

dang i didn't know h22s can keep up with them. time to find some prey . nice work dlk! too bad my p13 only lets me go to 113mph.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                      damm i never knew that a h22 cb7 could take a tl type s, that shit hott, it makes me reconsider my future
                      you know, maybe i was just a little overconfident in the h22, but i thought the accord would have won by more. yea, the tl has more power, but its a heavier auto.
                      Originally posted by Prez808
                      Nice vid, but a modded TL-S would likely have a different outcome. I/H/E really uncorks the J32. Still very respectable though!
                      yea i know erik... but ill never know. if i keep the accord like i plan on doing. i will keep the tl 100% stock, not even an intake. then ill treat the cb to the header ive been wanting for so long. although from how the cb pulled in the top of 3rd into 4th, i think with an extra 30hp going to the tl... it will just help it keep up, i dont see it winning.
                      Originally posted by timmy0tool
                      dang i didn't know h22s can keep up with them. time to find some prey . nice work dlk! too bad my p13 only lets me go to 113mph.
                      ditto, i have a jdm p72, limited to about 120mph. but that doesnt matter. unless you find a tl with alot of mods, its 4th gear is weak.

on a sidenote, the cb got another kill today... no video though. i was going to the shop and i ran a friend of mine. i showed a pic of his car on some random photo... its a blue DA with my old adr sokudo rims. it has a lsvtec w/itr cams/pistons and a b16 tranny. from about a 60 roll, he got the intial jump since his 3rd gear is alot shorter. but when he shifted to 4th i was still below 7k in 3rd. by the top of my 3rd i had pulled even and started to gain, into 4th i just walked. h22 topend>you

Comment

nice man...atleast you got 2 cars you can race lol.......diggin your cb7 alot...and tls are always a plus to....mad nice on the inside i bet

Comment

if i had the money id keep both

because imagine if you did more to the cb...even boost...you can make a reliable custom kit for a REAL good price..or even just putting upgraded mods..ie new header cams etc imagine the power..the acura is nice..great luxury car tho....you have the best of both worlds

Comment

Damn I do what you do stock it feels good too. Kepp rapin em show em that the cb is a formidable adversary. good shit

Comment

swt vid

but i thought tl's were alot faster

... anyways, dis vid makes me like my accord even more

Comment

Working...
                              X