Tachometer Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachometer Wire

Trying to locate the wire for the tach output...

does anybody have any clues? I can tap from under the dashboard or the engine bay..but which color wires and what tap in the engine bay do i have to make?

Running on a carb so the ignitor is built into the distributor.

do u have a service manual?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

does anyone know where the tach wire is in the fuse box? I need to know as well.

Comment

on 90-93 accords the tachometer wire is blue. if u remove the dist cap you will see the solid blue wire. thats the tach wire. splice into that if your trying to hook up an after market tach.

Comment

Is there a wire under the dash? I don't want to go into the engine bay if I don't have to.

Comment

lol its a lot easier to remove 3 screws on the dist cap to remove the dash. its very easy to find. but yeah if you have dash apart the wire remains blue. it might be a bith finding it but its there. the tach wire is solid blue. i think u should just splice into the wire under dist cap. its a lot easier.just remember the spark plug wire order.

Comment

i'll just splice into the distributor then. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                lol its a lot easier to remove 3 screws on the dist cap to remove the dash. its very easy to find. but yeah if you have dash apart the wire remains blue. it might be a bith finding it but its there. the tach wire is solid blue. i think u should just splice into the wire under dist cap. its a lot easier.just remember the spark plug wire order.
                I agree, that is the easiest thing to do.
                Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Working...
                X