Swap costs(FAQ'S about pricing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap costs(FAQ'S about pricing)

This wouldn't be a bad sticky! I know I put FAQ's but it is frequently asked "where do i get a swap and how much does it cost?" I got in touch with a few companies to get prices on different swaps. These are the results I came up with! If this is made a sticky, please others post other companies and their prices/warranty/services. All these prices are for complete swaps. Hopefully this will help someone! I am logging each purchase I make towards my h22a1 swap so as to be able to post a price list and parts list to hopefully be a sticky to help others willing to do the h22 swap out!

Japan Star Motor-f22b dohc no vtec w/ 5spd. tranny-1000(30 day startup) shipped Customer service was very good, replied to about 2-3 emails a day!
    h22a1 dohc vtec w/ 5spd. tranny-2200 shipped

Venus-auto-f22b dohc no vtec w/ 5spd. tranny-800(30 day startup) Customer service was good, replied to 1-2 emails a day!

Nagano-f22b dohc no vtec w/ 5spd. 1100?
    one reply, but not sure of price because I never heard from them again.

Honda Motors online-h22a1 dohc vtec w/ 5spd. tranny-2210(WHO I'M GOING W/)(60 day startup warranty), didn't reply to emails, but were very friendly over the phone! price includes freight company unloading motor for me!
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

order from hmotors, great support, ordered about 10 motors for my shop. bad sensors are taken care of immediatly.......look to spend about another 300 in misc parts such as intake/exhuast work/clutch/tbelt waterpump....which are your BARE necesitys......look to spend more if you want more. nah mean?
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

h22a1? so your getting the usdm h22? and not the jdm h22a?

i would say more like expect to spend atleast 1k dollars in parts.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

honestly, i'm getting whatever engine they send me, but i believe they sell the usdm don't they? and i have added up costs and all, and it is going to run me about 800 extra, but like i said, i'm gonna log all expenses to help future "swappers" out...
        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

i spent 300....lol
          150 for a clutch from clutchcityonline.com
          150 tbelt balancer shaft belt/retainer/w/p

Comment

well my costs will include aftermarket header, exhaust, vafc, and manual tensioner conversion....that's on top of axles, clutch, seals, belts, ect...
            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

wow....look to spend a fortune.

Comment

i'm going used on the exhaust, header, and got a new vafc w/ no box or inst. for 150...
                JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

lucky bastard.....i really want a vafc.lol

Comment

Here's my list.....

H22 Engine/Tranny (Auto) from Hmotors - $2,200. (shipped to a shop)

Spark plugs (Nology) - $42

Spark Plug Wires (Nology) - $150

Distributor and Rotor - $50

Timing Belt From Honda - $250 (I will buy from somewhere else)

Water Pump - $40
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: Approx. 2,872 (Not adding the Timing Belt)

That's about it....
                    No labor work for me, cuz me and my uncle are putting everything.
                    But i will give him $300 none the less...

Comment

i got mine from password jdm for 1850.00 and 150.00 shipping talk to leo
                      http://www.myspace.com/ilovevee

Comment

i don't remember the timing belt from honda being that much...is that from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or the dealership?
                        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Well from all the times ive been swappin engines and shit ive noticed a couple of things. Its depends on the luck of the dray like motormounts little shit liek that sensors that you had no idea you may or may have not broken. Then theres axles that wont tear but then decide too when you decide to swap. But youll definitely have to spend money on the clutch while its out no tellin who burnt it up last. Then theres the tune up shit here and there thats like another 120 so i say a good 420 on a defininte imo.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with http://www.japanmotorimport.com/ ??? I've been checking them out, they seem to be the cheapest H22's from what I've found. The webiste looks professionally made, but that really means nothing. The pictures look pretty clean, but again, that means nothing.

I've been doing my fair share of researching, as I'm going to be doing a 5 speed swap at the same time. I've also been toying around with the idea of getting one of the OBX nockoff LSD's too. The extra parts I'm going to plan on needing are, timing belt, water pump, lightened flywheel, aftermarket header(to bolt up to the cat), clutch, spark plug wires, sparkplugs, and random distributor parts that might have worn.

I mainly just need to know if anyone has experience with japan motor import.
                            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

With all the aftermarket parts and replacement of seals, head gaskets,and so on. Whatever i could replace i had done with the engine i spend 6g and still had some problems,but all said and done i am happy with it.

Originally posted by tehpr3chr
                              well my costs will include aftermarket header, exhaust, vafc, and manual tensioner conversion....that's on top of axles, clutch, seals, belts, ect...

Comment

Working...
                              X