side moldings removed and holes filled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side moldings removed and holes filled?

anyone ever done it on a cb7? ide like to see how it looks. im not talking about "shaved" moldings really where they are made flat with the rest of the car but rather the moldings are just removed and the holes they mount into are filled kinda like the civic cx's are....

I always thought of that but never saw anyone do it on a cb7 before.
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

with the way our bumpers are, it wouldn't look right.... it looks ok on integra's and civics, and even on the CD chasis accords, but on the CB since the bumper have the moldings made into it, it wouldn't look right without the door ones imo
      OS^e
      1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
        with the way our bumpers are, it wouldn't look right.... it looks ok on integra's and civics, and even on the CD chasis accords, but on the CB since the bumper have the moldings made into it, it wouldn't look right without the door ones imo
        agreed...that's why i'm gonna keep mine black when i repaint this summer (hopefully)...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Might as well keep it anyway, cause when your door gets hit, usually from another door/wall, it doesn't put a big ass scratch/dent..

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
            Might as well keep it anyway, cause when your door gets hit, usually from another door/wall, it doesn't put a big ass scratch/dent..
            x2 those were put there to help protect your car from other doors and objects that might dent it....

As someone else has said it wouldn't look right if they were gone becasue of the molding going around the bumpers, but its your car and its your choice on what to do...
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I was just recently going to do this, until I figured out a way for EDM style "flat" moldings. I'll post pics as soon as I get them on, hopefully this weekend....

Member's Ride

Comment

A friend o mines has recently done this, But after removing side moldings he filled it with fiberglass and bondo. He hadnt gotten around to pait it yet but it looks pretty slick as how it is right now

Comment

I have a set of EDM flat mouldings if anyone wants to buy a set pm me

Comment

I know i've seen someone who has done this on their cb7, but i have no idea where i saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordballz
                      A friend o mines has recently done this, But after removing side moldings he filled it with fiberglass and bondo. He hadnt gotten around to pait it yet but it looks pretty slick as how it is right now
                      hes gonna have fun watching it crack out one day.

Comment

yeah the body shop told me they could fill it like that but you run a risk of it cracking out good luck with him
                        Working N/A build up in progress

Comment

Originally posted by that1bmxguy
                          hes gonna have fun watching it crack out one day.
                          Originally posted by halfazn
                          yeah the body shop told me they could fill it like that but you run a risk of it cracking out good luck with him

if its done the cheap way: filled with bondo, then it does have a very good chance of cracking. my cb7 was shaved back in 2000 and to this day, i have no cracks on the body where everything was shaved coz metal was welded to fill in the gaps/holes.
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Yeah filling it with just bondo would cause it to crack however filling it with fiberglass and fiberglassing it right will hold just fine. We have done this nymerous times (shaving moldings and filling holes) and we have never had a problem. I stay in contact with a lot of our customers and we carry a lifetime warranty on our work, so if there were problems we'd know.

Member's Ride

Comment

tehpr3chr

Comment

Working...
                              X